Richard Dangerous and Sir Adrian Dangerous are the Dangerous Brothers, two psychopaths who perform dangerous stunts. Played by Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson respectively, the Dangerous Brothers very much defined the characters Mayall and Edmondson would play over the years (Filthy Rich & Catflap, Bottom).
The sketches performed by the Dangerous Brothers are:
- World Of Danger (also known as The Towering Inferno)
- Big Stunt
- Crocodile Snogging
- Flying Zebra
- Exploding Politicians
- How to Get Off with a Lady
- Kinky Sex
- Amusing Injuries: Basically runs on this.
- Camera Abuse: After they realise there is a live camera in their kitchen, Richards orders it to leave and punches it, injuring his hand in the process.
- Death Is Cheap: Sir Adrian explodes to bits in "Exploding Politicians" (leaving nothing but his shoes) and both get shot by the police in "Babysitting", but are completely fine in the next sketches.
- Disaster Dominoes: In "Babysitting", the brother's attempt at repairing a coffee table results in the destruction of the entire house.
- Don't Try This at Home: Inverted — Richard seems to think that their show is targeted at family audiences.Richard: (after electrocuting Sir Adrian) Hey kiddies! Try and make one of your relatives do the silly wriggly dance!
- Drop the Hammer: They vandalise a car with sledgehammers, until they realise that it is their car. Richard then hits Sir Adrian in the head with one.
- Dude, Not Funny!: In-Universe, St. Clive calls the brothers (and Channel Four) out for making fun of pregnancy.
- Dynamic Entry:
- In "World of Danger", Sir Adrian makes his entrance through the door. Quite literally.
- In "Crocodile Snogging", both charge through paper doors.
- In "Exploding Politicians", Richard enters the camera frame by punching Sir Adrian out of it.
- In "Dangervision", both enter the stage through the windows, after using the door.
- In "Kinky Sex", Sir Adrian drives through the door on his motorbike.
- Gasshole: Richard burps a lot (due to his excessive drinking). After Sir Adrian detonates a stick of dynamite, Richard mistakes it for something else.Richard: Sorry. Heavy lunch.
- Groin Attack: Very, very frequent. Most notably with a blowtorch.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: As is common with characters played by Rik and Ade:Richard: Sorry, can I start again please?
Crew-member: No, I'm really sorry, we just don't have the time.
Richard: Well then I hope you die!!
- Heavy Sleeper: Richard. Sir Adrian tries to wake him up by sticking a finger in his ear and hitting him on the head with a hammer, and finally succeeds by detonating a stick of dynamite on his chair.
- Impact Silhouette: Sir Adrian leaves one after being fired into a wall by a catapult.
- The Last Straw: Richard breaks the glass pane of a coffee table by depositing the ash of his cigarette in it.
- Made of Explodium: A zebra, after Richard booby traps it.
- Made of Iron: They can survive headshots (with both bullets and crossbow bolts), getting a huge iron and pianos dropped on them, taking a sledgehammer and a can of petrol to the head, getting fired from a cannon through two windows and a brick wall, getting electrocuted and exploding...
- Made of Plasticine: However, Richard slices Sir Adrian's hand clean in two with a machete.
- Man on Fire: "World of Danger" went wrong when a stunt to set fire to Edmondson's trousers left him with serious burns - although much of this was left on the broadcast version.Adrian: Now, viewers - can you spot what went wrong?
- No Fourth Wall
- No Indoor Voice: Both of them, but Sir Adrian is just a tad louder.
- Offhand Backhand: Richard does this to Sir Adrian in "Torture".
- Paper-Thin Disguise: After the Dangerous Brothers are banned, Richard and Sir Adrian disguise as the Ben Elton Brothers, by putting on a large pair of spectacles.Richard Ben Elton & Lady Adrian Ben Elton: Blahdeblahdeblah, Thatcher's Britain, whoops, bit of politics there, my name's Ben Elton, good night!
- Soundtrack Dissonance: During "Torture", while Richard tortures Sir Adrian, he is accompanied by cheerful music.
- Would Hurt a Child: Sir Adrian shuts up a crying baby by punching it. So does Richard, with different results.