Disney Dreams: An Enchanted Classic is a long-running Disney Cruise Line live show that plays in the Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Disney Magic and Wonder cruise ships.
The story focuses on Anne-Marie, a young child who has trouble getting to sleep one night and even more trouble believing in magic. With the help of the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio and Peter Pan from Peter Pan, Anne-Marie is tasked to find her own magic by the time the clock strikes 6, with a host of other Disney characters who sing songs and teach lessons along the way.
The show is unique among other Disney Cruise Line productions in that different ships feature slightly different content. The Disney Wonder has a Tangled segment and used to have an extended Lion King portion, while the Disney Magic has an extensive Frozen (2013) segment.
This show contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Dreams are born from within you, and it's important to hold onto them even after you grow up, for that's when you need them most.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Earlier versions of the show featured Snow White and Hercules among the cast but they were dropped over time.
- Dream Reality Check: Anne-Marie stomps on Peter's foot to make sure he's not just a dream.
- Girls Have Cooties: Peter wipes his cheeks in disgust when Anne-Marie kisses him.
- Long Runner: The show's been running in some form since 1998 and shows no signs of stopping.
- Make a Wish: The Blue Fairy and Peter Pan arrive after Anne-Marie wishes on a star to find the place where dreams come true.
- Mondegreen Gag: Peter Pan sings "Salad on noodles, ketchup on poodles" (Salagadoola, mechickaboola) after we hear it in the Cinderella segment.
- Race Against the Clock: Anne-Marie only has until 6 o'clock to find her own magic and dreams.
- Reverse Psychology: Peter echoes Anne-Marie's line about only kids believing in magic to get her to prove him wrong and summon Prince Ali.