Alice is a 2013 musical produced by a Sydney theatre group called Mac MS, based in Macquarie University. The titular Alice finds herself stuck down a hole after catching the gaze of a cute guy, alone and unsure of herself. Meanwhile, in Wonderland, the citizens grow restless under the regime of the Queen of Hearts, and a mysterious man named Chesh leads a rebellion against her. While Alice is initially unsure, she soon realises that she has been brought to Wonderland for a reason ....
Alice provides examples of:
- Almost Kiss: Alice and Wyatt get at least three of these.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: At the very end, Alice is crowned the White Queen.
- Cloudcuckooland: Well, what were you expecting?
- Cloudcuckoolander: Again, this is Wonderland. The Duchess and Dormouse are by far the worst offenders; the former gets an entire song of Cloudcuckoolandery, while the latter mostly speaks in riddles.
- Funny Background Event:
- Any time the Caterpillar is on stage, you're guaranteed one of these. The bathtub duck battle at the tea party is probably his crowning moment.
- Mock Turtle trying to work up the courage to join the dance number in the penultimate scene.
- During the Queen's Croquet, the Suits go into a complicated burlesque routine. The MAD members, who are trying to avoid suspicion, attempt to copy the choreography, with...mixed results.
- Now or Never Kiss: Between Hatter and Hare, as the Queen looks for the traitors among her party guests. This causes her to walk straight past them, saving their lives. They're implied to have undergone a Relationship Upgrade in the final scene
- Stealth Pun: So, so many. Dormouse is particularly fond of these."Don't fret, just play another chord!"
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Mostly between Wyatt and Alice (due to him being unable to spit it out), but there's more than a little tension between Hatter and Hare.