- Whitestorm's death at the end of The Darkest Hour turns many readers into a blubbering pile of snotty goo.
- Darkstripe's death scene. He was a traitorous piece of scum that poisoned a kit, but him dying on the ground, saying that "It's all black... There's nothing left..." is just.... sad. Then, of course, Graystripe ruins it by saying, "Well, that's one less traitor in the forest."
- Yellowfang. Especially when she tells Fireheart that she wishes he was her son, instead of Brokentail.
- Cloudtail (who has been quite the Jerkass at times) telling Brightpaw she is still beautiful to him, after she's been viciously mauled by the dogs, and has been horrifically scarred, losing an eye and an ear.
- Cloudtail: Sleep well, Brightpaw. You're still beautiful. Come back to us. I don't know where you are now, but you have to come back.
- Also, Fireheart has felt really guilty about not convincing Bluestar enough to make Brightpaw and Swiftpaw warriors. So when Cloudtail blames him for not convincing Bluestar, he can only nod and agree, saying, "I know, Cloudtail. I know."
- Forest of Secrets:
- Silverstream's death.
- The end where Graystripe leaves ThunderClan.
- "I'm never going to be a warrior, am I?"
- Stonefur's death.
- Snowkit, a tiny deaf kitten, being carried away by a hawk, all the while crying for help, with no hope of being rescued.
- Bluestar. Every book after Forest of Secrets.
- Runningwind's death.
- Lionheart's death.
- Brightheart's mauling and name-change. She was so innocent and sweet!
- Silverstream and Graystripe's subplot.
- Bluestar in A Dangerous Path.
Tear Jerker / Warrior Cats: The Original Series