One thing that fans on both sides of the Pacific have praised about the Ultra Series is its ability to genuinely bring out emotions in viewers through its tales of kaiju and superheroes.
Examples with their own pages<!—index—>
- Return of Ultraman
- Ultraman Leo
- Ultraman 80
- Ultraman Tiga
- Ultraman Cosmos
- Ultraman Mebius
- Ultraman Geed
- Ultraman Taiga
- Ultraman Z
- Ultra Galaxy Fight: The Absolute Conspiracy
- Ultraman Trigger: New Generation Tiga
- Ultraman Decker
- Shin Ultraman
- The classic example is the Ultraman episode with Jamila, pictured above.
- Ultraman Gaia's "The Lake of Sadness" had a Jamila-like monster named Tsuchikera, so naturally the results were very similar.
- "The Boy and the Monster Master" from Return of Ultraman, where a fearful mob kills a peaceful alien named Mates out of prejudice, consequently summoning his pet kaiju Muruchi. Goh even considers not becoming Ultraman Jack and let Muruchi destroy the townspeople for their deed.
- The Grand Finale of Ultraseven is bittersweet to the extreme. However, both it and "The Boy and the Monster Master" mentioned above were rated the best episodes of the Ultra Series by Japanese fans in 2016.