- The end of episode 20 of the anime is especially sad. Pudding is sick through the entire episode, but she gets better with the help of her siblings and, in particular, her sister's teacher. Pudding then asks if the teacher could pretend to be her mother, who passed away years ago, for a moment. The teacher agrees, and Pudding then begins to cry. You can tell that was the first time she cried in a long time.
- If you think about it, the aliens. Somewhere, there is a *planet* full of people who are forced to live underground due to the cold and instability of the surface. As if that wasn't enough, a message from their home shows what seems to be an earthquake. Those people are dying from starvation, cold and probably diseases. It's no wonder they are so furious about how humans are destroying Earth.
- And the realisation later that Deep Blue doesn't care about their planet or their people. The aliens have been loyal to him since the start of the series and he only values them as means to an end.
- Although the show doesn't go into details, Zakuro's life has undertones of this. For some reason, she cut ties with her entire family and apparently, the only person she loved died (and it's implied, though never said, that rumors and doubts led them to distrust one another, which may be the reason he died in the first place. We never learn if this was her friend, her father or even her lover). This girl is only fifteen.
- The letter she receives from home also states that they don't know if she ever forgave them for something. What if her family was behind said rumors?
- Anytime the stress of carrying the fate of the world on their shoulders shows in the group. The Mew Mews are five girls who have had their whole worlds turned upside down in a day. Some instances are Played for Laughs but other times the emotional toll on the girls is evident. Zakuro and Mint both go so far as to quit the team at one point.
- Lettuce's utter terror when it's revealed she's a Mew. Unlike Ichigo and Mint she was aware that she could transform and that her body had been changed, but she was too frightened to tell anyone.
Tear Jerker / Tokyo Mew Mew