- This is the Story:
- "It Broke My Heart", about a family slowly falling apart
- Sunshine on Leith:
- "Then I Met You". Joyous as it sounds, the cynicism of the narrator being turned on its head by love has an air of Hope Is Scary.
- "My Old Friend the Blues", a quiet ode to sadness
- "Sunshine on Leith""My heart was broken, my heart was broken
Sorrow, sorrow, sorrow, sorrow...
You saw it, you claimed it..."
- "What Do You Do" is one of the most relatable songs of hopelessness ever written, especially in the politically tricky world of the present day."What do you do when 'minority' means you?"
- Hit the Highway
- "These Arms of Mine""These arms of mine, they are lonely
Lonely and feeling blue
These arms of mine, they are yearning
Yearning from wanting you"
- "Your Childhood", a father telling his daughter not to throw away her youth, with all of the somber sincerity the Proclaimers are pros at.
- "These Arms of Mine"
Tear Jerker / The Proclaimers