- Jay discovering that his dog, Benji, has been put down as a result of his claims that he's been shitting in the house. It's hard not to feel sorry for him. It even gets a Call-Back in the final episode, when he chooses the dog while playing Monopoly.
- Jay getting dumped at the end of Season 2.
- Charlotte finally tells Will that she wishes she had a guy like him, as long as it isn't him. Most guys can relate all too well.
- In a rare moment of weakness. Simon timidly asks his dad if everything is going to be alright. This was during talks of marriage difficulties between his parents.
- Simon revealing to Jay in the first movie that he's going to University. You can tell Jay is heartbroken that Simon wont be around much anymore.
- In the second film when the gang are stranded in the desert, Neil tries chasing a mirage because he believes it's a lake. After a few meters he drops to his knees and screams. When the happy-go-lucky guy has hit the Despair Event Horizon, you know things are bad.
- The four holding hands as they accept their fate during the climax of the second movie. It all worked out for the best, but still.
Tear Jerker / The Inbetweeners