- Two symbolical scenes: At first, Mike shoots a deer. But after the war, he's unable to kill a living being.
- The Russian roulette scene.
- Steve, who doesn't want to come back home to live with his wife.
- Nick being unable to remember his parents' names.
- The uneasy relationship between Linda and Mike (Mike loved her since the beginning, and Linda starts to love Mike in the end).
- Mike returning to his hometown and deciding to drive to the hotel (despite everybody's waiting to invite him).
- The apogee: Mike plays roulette with Nick after the war.
- The ending meal, followed by credits.
Tear Jerker / The Deer Hunter