- Bruce being forced to watch Eobard destroy Thomas' letter.
- As the Flashpoint universe crumbles around them, Bruce begs Thomas to escape with him and Barry, telling him he's a grandfather now. Thomas refuses and begs Bruce, in turn, to quit being Batman and focus on living a happy life and being the father Thomas himself never could be.Thomas: You were my world, son. I delivered you myself... and the moment I saw you... I knew every choice I'd ever made had been the right ones... because they led to you. You're the greatest gift this life has ever given me. And there is more I should have shared in that letter, so listen to me... don't be Batman. Find happiness. Please. You don't have to do this. Don't do it for me. Don't do it for your mother. Be a father for your son in a way I never could be for you. Let the Batman die with me.Bruce: We can save you!(Bruce and Barry disappear)Thomas: You have.
- Jay mentioning that the outside force stole everything from him. Like Wally before him, he's lost the love of his life — Joan Garrick, the woman he'd been married to for decades.
- In Flash #23, Barry says in an internal monologue that despite not knowing who Jay was, he's still crushed losing him.Barry: He knew me... but I wasn't able to save him... When he left, it felt like a piece of me left with him...
- In Flash #23, Barry says in an internal monologue that despite not knowing who Jay was, he's still crushed losing him.
- Bruce remembering Thomas' plea, and not answering the Bat-signal in the sky.
Tear Jerker / The Button