- Mallow learning that he is, in fact, not a tadpole, from Frogfucious. The game plays it up with the usual Mario-style camp, but it's hard not to feel for the tiny ball of fluff, whose whole upbringing was a lie.
- When you get to Marrymore, the Toad couple from earlier; Raz and Raimi get kicked out by Booster's forces before they could get married. They're utterly devastated by the wrench thrown in their future plans, but thankfully, they quickly resume the wedding after rescuing Toadstool.
- Boomer's final moments, in which he laments how he was bested by Mario and the party. Mario apparently spares him of his fate and even tries to cheer him up, but to no avail. Instead, Boomer claims he doesn't need Mario's sympathy. Finally, with one final goodbye to Mario and co., Boomer slashes Chandeli-Ho, causing him to drop the chandelier he was standing on and sends himself plummeting to his demise. ...Or at least it would be the case if he wasn't strong enough to survive the fall as Chandeli-Ho implies.
- Geno's departure. It's hinted at more and more as the game progresses, to the point where Geno almost outright tells Mario that he'll eventually have to go back to Star Road before urging him and his friends to fight Smithy. When Smithy is finally defeated, he reverts back to his star form and hovers over Mario, Mallow, Bowser, and Peach before finally leaving and taking the Stars with him. What really sells it is the music that plays as the following cutscene plays, all the way up to Exor disintegrating. And it only gets worse in his final farewell as the credits parade closes off...
- Mallow meeting his real parents in Nimbus Land. It's such a Tear Jerker even the game makes Mallow cry.
- A couple on Star Hill:
Mallow's parents: Please let Mallow find his way home.
- One of the fallen-star wishes you can read on Star Hill is from Luigi, who wants to be a great plumber like Mario. It hits harder since Luigi doesn't properly appear in the game at all (except for a small cameo in the closing credits).
- Another wish nearly causes Mallow to burst into tears (and flood the whole hill):
- While he was your enemy, one of the wishes reads "I hope I become famous". It's from Punchinello, who's long dead by the time you get to this point in the game. He'll never have that wish granted, even after you fix the Star Road.
Tear Jerker / Super Mario RPG