- Many of the later eliminations, as well as the eventual winners' speeches.
- Number 5's speech to his pet mouse in Season 2.Number 5: [shows the mouse the pod] See this? ...This is not a normal place. They're going to be doing things to me. And what I need from you is your support.
- A lot of moments where the guests write to or make contact with their loved ones.
- In Season 2, Episode 8, Number 8 is completely demoralized and, crying, admits to VAL that he feels like giving up. Cue VAL inspiring Number 8 to not give up by showing him videos of himself saying not to give up. He goes on to win the challenge and the game.
- Number 4 in Season 3 has a lot of these moments, as his months of preparation failed him. The first time he has to quit a treatment can be hard to watch.
Tear Jerker / Solitary