- Angela's suicide—at least, before it gets undone.
Riley: Remember Angela Vaughn? Today we found out that she committed suicide. I heard that she left a note. It said "Nobody cares". I can't believe it. We weren't friends or anything, but she—she was a good person. Like I said, we crossed paths once last year. Maybe if she had just one person who paid attention, one person who took an interest in her, then maybe things would be different. ...I think I have to go back.
- Imagine what Riley must have been feeling walking in on Angela's hanging corpse. But even worse, imagine what her mom felt...
- Riley's "eulogy" for Angela:
- Angela's life in general. She was bullied at school, neglected by her mom, and no one batted an eyelash when she died.
- Nobody cares.
- The reason why Edward planted the bomb to destroy the school was out of anger from Angela's suicide. He felt that she didn't deserve death and those who bullied her during her lifetime deserve to die.
- And even worse? She was actually his love interest when she committed suicide. He planned on asking her to prom. The look on his face when he sees her memorial...
- Speaking of her memorial, it's barely anything beyond a picture and a caption. NOT EVEN THE SCHOOL SHE WENT TO CARED MUCH ABOUT HER DEATH!
- In act 5 when Jay tells Riley that her rewinding was slowly killing her and she was surely going to die if she rewound again to save Angela.
- In the aforementioned act, when Riley rewinds all the way back to the start of the first act, and has used up so much of her energy she collapses on the ground, looking very much like she's dead.
Tear Jerker / Riley Rewind