- Mathis' death scene was genuinely heartrending... until the Mood Whiplash hits, when Bond dumps him in a garbage container.
- The scene with the Bolivians crowding around a dripping tap attached to an empty tank... and seeing the last drop drip out.
- Agent Field's death, especially when it is revealed that she was not even a field agent. She was so swept into Bond's world, wanted to do her part, but ended up being killed by enemy agents.
- The theme tune, when you realize the lyrics are essentially a Madness Mantra for Bond. He is essentially counting the things that could be worse for him than a broken heart, due to Vesper's betrayal and subsequent death.
- The ending. Bond has caught Vesper's duplicitous boyfriend, but the music, his demeanor, and the way he discards her necklace indicates that he'll be haunted by everything for a long time.
Tear Jerker / Quantum of Solace