- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
- Professor Layton and the Last Specter
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- In the end, while Flora is rescued and "adopted" by Layton, she now has to leave her town and those she grew up with in order to go to London, which makes the ending a bit more bitter than it would be.
- Sophia's letter to Anton during the ending of the game, and the music that plays during that scene."My dear Anton,
Are you well? I received your letter. Though I'd like nothing more than to see you again, I'm afraid I no longer have the strength to do so. You don't know how many times I've thought about you over the years. I often wonder if you hate me for what I did. Do you?
When I decided to leave, I was carrying our child. I couldn't bear exposing that tiny life to such danger. I knew your father's position, and understood you didn't have the option to leave with me. Even though I did the only thing I could, I'll always regret leaving you that way.
But there's one bright spot in this sad story, and that is our lovely granddaughter Katia. My departure all those years ago has given you the chance to meet. Katia's mother died shortly after she was born, but Katia grew up strong and sweet just the same. She reminds me of you every time she smiles. With her around, I could never forget about you, even if I wanted to.
You've been in my thoughts since the day we parted. And now, though my time here is drawing to a close, I like to think we'll meet again on the other side. The thought of seeing your face warms my heart. Be well and be happy, my dear Anton.
Goodbye, but just for now.
- The images that come with the credits. Mix the pictures of Sophia and Anton's love and separation, Mr. Beluga and Anton's reunion, and Katia and Anton returning to Dropstone and being welcomed back with praise with the music above, and you got yourself feeling like happily crying for a good amount of time.
- While Anton gets to meet his granddaughter, he never gets to meet his daughter, who died soon after Katia was born, and only learned of her existence long after she died.
- Watching Folsense slowly lose the facade of a glamorous and thriving town as the hallucinogenic gas is cut off, revealed for the hollow shell that it really is. Compounded by Anton looking at his hands in speechless shock and realizing that he's actually an old man.