List of games with their own subpages:
- Mario falling out the window after being beaten by Bowser.
- Mario and Peach's Theme that plays at the very end.
- Peach's Lament, when she wonders how Mario is after sending Twink to find him.
- The citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom all wishing for the Princess to be alright as you ascend to the final level.
- Peach wishing for the Star Beam to gain power after Bowser cancels it out.
- The after credits scene of Mario and Peach standing in front of Mario's house, watching the fireworks going off at the castle can cause a different kind of tear to roll down your face It certainly gives off the feeling that yes, you finally did it, and now you can rest easy...Pop Diva's song being a part of the music playing certainly fits, here.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- A easy to miss one since the dialogue is obscured, but Kersti's Ungrateful Bastard rant in Scuttlebug Burrow takes on a new light when you realize that she thought Mario had left her to suffer. She even admits that it was her fault the Royal Stickers were lost.Kersti:You listen to me! When Mario shows up, AND HE WILL, he's going to tear all of you guys to pieces! Mario, you're really taking your time! Where ARE you? What are you doing? Damsel in distress over here! Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?! Don't you think you've kept me waiting a little too long? You didn't go home, did you? Was it something I said? What am I going to do? Losing the Royal Stickers is all my fault. Aaaaaaaaah... I can't go back to the Sticker Star like this. Ooooooooh... Why me? Why this? Why now? Aaaah... Awwww... I want to cry... Wait, I am crying... Stupid crying... Sniffle...
- The truth behind the boss of World 4: Mizzter Blizzard, a snowman who made a wish on the Sticker Star so he wouldn't melt when spring came. He got his wish, but went insane from the Royal Sticker's power. When you defeat him, he apologises for attacking you and hopes that Mario will come back and rebuild him next winter.
- The final battle, when Kersti sacrifices herself to help Mario. After spending the game yelling at Mario, yelling at Kamek, and yelling about the scenery, she gives everything up to help Mario stop Bowser, and even apologizes for more or less forcing him to begin the journey. Should Mario go through with his end of the situation, the player gets a half awesome/half sad Theme Music Power-Up to help the impact.
- Also Heartwarming in Hindsight when you take in the above Scuttlebug Burrow moment. Perhaps sacrificing herself was her way of making up for what happened?