- The shot of only Anna's beaten, practically unrecognizable face, as she remembers or has an auditory hallucination of a conversation with Lucie.
- "How do you stop being scared?""Let yourself go, I think.""You think so?""Let yourself go.""And if I can't, will you be there?""Yes."Anna: (out loud) "I miss you."
- Also, the subsequent montage of Anna barely even reacting as she's given the awful slime and brutally beaten.
- Anna finds the torture victim in the people who Lucie murdered's house; the torture victim tries to kill herself, but Anna stops her.
- The flashback of Lucie finding the other victim before she escapes. The victim's anguished sobs and the way she reaches out to Lucie really convey the kind of despair these women experience.
- After seeing everything that happens in this movie, the video of Anna and Lucie playing together as children in the credits is pretty powerful, to say the least.
Tear Jerker / Martyrs