- Episode 4, Fate harming the giant-sized kitten in order to take the Jewel Seed it had found.
- Near the beginning of episode 6, Alisa and Suzuka's confusion over Nanoha's bout of depression. Alisa in particular is rather rude to Nanoha over it.
- Fate sealing a Jewel Seed with her bare hands in episode 7 despite Arf begging her to stop due to the danger. Her hands start bleeding due to the sheer amount of magic pouring out of it and she can't even so much as stand up afterwards.
- Any scene involving both Fate and Precia. All of them are heart-wrenching.
- In particular, the reveal in episode 11 that Fate is just a clone and her mother has always hated her. The poor girl can't handle it and just shuts down.Precia: I spent so long grieving over the loss of my poor child. All that time I treated a worthless copy of her as my daughter. Are you listening Fate, I'm talking about you. I went through the trouble of giving you Alicia's memories, but you only look like her. A useless copy, a fake. A cheap toy.
- The whipping scene in episode 7. Probably the most painful part is that they don't even show it. Instead, we repeatedly get the sickening sound of a whip hitting flesh followed by Fate's screams, while Arf is desperately trying to block out the horror that she's powerless to stop. When the screams finally stop, we get a shot of Fate's face that focuses on her eyes. Her empty, broken eyes.Precia: (coldly) Horrible, I expected more from you.Fate: You're right... I'm sorry, mother.
- Before going to back to report her progress, Fate had bought Precia some pastries. We see after the whipping scene that Precia hasn't so much as even acknowledged that her daughter took the time to bring her a gift.
- In particular, the reveal in episode 11 that Fate is just a clone and her mother has always hated her. The poor girl can't handle it and just shuts down.
- In episode 8, Arf begs Fate to give up on her quest for the Jewel Seeds and for the two of them to just run away since it's tearing her apart seeing Fate suffering so much. Fate just says she'll have to do a better job suppressing her feelings to avoid worrying her.
- Episode 10, Arf takes a stand and attacks Precia in retaliation for her cruel treatment towards Fate. Not only does Precia attempt to murder Arf, she later lies to Fate and claims her familiar abandoned her out of cowardice.
- The bridge scene in the last episode.Fate: There's something that I figured out. When a friend is crying, you're sad in the same way.
The Movie 1st
- Precia herself has such a moment. A single line transforms her into a Tragic Villain.
- Considering the fact that none of the characters in canon knew what Precia's last thoughts were, having her feel remorse for her actions was almost certainly Wish-Fulfillment on Fate's part.
Movie 1st: The Comics
- The last scene in the fifth chapter.Nanoha: I couldn't help anyone at all, could I?
- Linith's fate, being unable to stay with Fate for her very limited lifespan, both by her contract as a familiar and her master Precia's radiation poisoning. She hoped Fate would be able to have a good relationship with Precia, but that proved impossible because of Fate's nature as a Replacement Goldfish, so all Linith could do for Fate was train her well and express her hopes that she can find a friend.