- When Vito finds out that his mother has died - while he's in prison, no less.
- Marty's death - especially Joe's reaction.
- Henry dying horribly at the hands of the Chinese.
- The pause screen music.
- For veterans of the first game, discovering Vito and Joe are Tommy Angelo's killers is a massive kick in the teeth.
- Vito's Heel Realization speech in Chapter 15Vito: This wasn't how I imagined it when we were startin' out. I dreamed o' money, cars, women, respect, freedom... I guess I ended up gettin' all of that more or less, but along with it came prison, living in constant fear, and the blood of my friends. I ducked it as long as I could, but it was finally catching up to me. It was all just a matter of time...
Tear Jerker / Mafia II