- "I see trees of green, red roses too..."
- The only funny part in this scene was when the baby duck they rescued got chomped up by a crocodile.
- Marty goes back to help Alex and convince him to come back with the others. Alex feels so ashamed of trying to kill Marty that he's built a cage for himself, to protect his friends from his hunger. Marty tries to remind his pal that they're a team, only for Alex to snarl and lunge at his old friend. Marty just stares, with his lower lip quivering, while Alex says "I don't wanna hurt you," in a heartbroken tone.
- And after that when Alex hides in his hut, Marty just comes into the cage and says, "Alex, I ain't leaving without you."
- The first time Alex snaps out of his lion instints, and realized he just tried to kill Marty.
- Alex calling out to his friends when their crates are set adrift at sea.
- Marty calling out to Alex twice before his, Melman's, and Gloria's crates disappear out of sight and Alex desperately screams, "No! Wait! Come back, Marty!" before he helplessly says, "Don't go."
Tear Jerker / Madagascar