- Olive trying to hold back tears and whispering to her grandfather that she doesn't want to be a loser "because Daddy hates losers."
- "Grandpa won't wake up."
- When Dwayne learns he's colorblind, which means he won't be able to become a test pilot.
- The look on Frank's face when he realizes this; he hates himself for having to tell Dwayne the truth, knowing it'll destroy his dream.
- Then when Olive is able to get Dwayne back to the bus.
- This exchange:Sheryl: I'm so glad you're still here.
Frank: That makes one of us.
- The "Do you think there's a Heaven?" scene between Olive and Frank.
- The movie's opening is pretty depressing. From Richard's awkward presentation of the Nine Steps Program (and the unenthusiastic reaction he gets from his tiny audience of college students) to Uncle Frank in the hospital after trying to kill himself. Even Olive's excitement after watching the Miss America pageant comes off as sad when you know what's going to happen in the movie.
Tear Jerker / Little Miss Sunshine