- The cutscene that plays after defeating the Emperor in LEGO Star Wars II. Nearly every other scene is played for laughs, but the death of Anakin and Luke's final goodbye to him are played heart-breakingly straight.
- The rendition of Qui-Gon's death was obviously meant to be Played for Laughs by its visuals. Thanks to the faithful replication of the tone and music of the original scene, no one was laughing. Same can be said for Obi-Wan's death.
- The death of Han Solo in The Force Awakens is played 100% straight, even including a Gory Discretion Shot. There's a group of stormtroopers on hand to lampshade it, naturally.
- Unlike the original film, we get to see Leia's reaction to her homeworld being destroyed. What's worse is Grand Moff Tarkin taunting her afterwards.
- Padme's death isn't Played for Laughs. She still dies giving birth to Luke and Leia. Just to make it even more tragic, the two babies begin crying as soon as she dies, as if they know they just lost their mother.
Tear Jerker / LEGO Star Wars