- The entire second act is one big Tear Jerker; however, to single out the most impressive moments...
- Kostelnička pleading with teva to marry Jenůfa and accept the baby. The fact that she has been the sternest character in the opera makes it even more heart-wrenching. Even teva is moved to tears (though not enough to agree).
- Jenůfa's anxiety for her baby as she feels something terrible is happening to him, and her subsequent prayer. Unlike her, the viewers know the baby is at the same moment being murdered.
- Jenůfa's breakdown after she learns of the child's death.
- Jenůfa identifying the child's remains by the clothes she has made herself.
Tear Jerker / Jenufa