- This one may sound crazy, but the montage of the acorn "observing" Scrat and Scratte's moments together, accompanied by a rewritten version of Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again (Naturally)". You can feel sorry for an acorn!
- Some might disagree, but the ending involving Scrat and Scratte is actually pretty sad. Scratte suddenly becomes bossy and Scrat chooses to leave her for the acorn. When Scrat and the acorn reunite, Scratte catches him and takes away the acorn. Instead of storing the acorn like they both intended, she tries to destroy it out of jealousy for taking Scrat's affections away from her. The two then fight over the acorn again, before Scrat outsmarts Scratte and reaches the surface with the acorn, until a big block of ice covers the hole and makes Scrat drop the acorn back down to Scratte. Scrat is obviously very upset about this, not just for losing the acorn, but also losing Scratte. While it was meant for laughs, it's actually pretty upsetting, because it makes you feel sorry not just for Scrat, but also for Scratte. Even though Scratte finally has the acorn to herself, and despite her bossiness earlier, she's likely heartbroken that she and Scrat split up over a stupid acorn.
- Diego deciding to leave the Herd due to feeling that he is losing his touch as a predator and the domestic life is not for him, which offends Manny in the process.
- And Sid tries to convince Diego otherwise, to no avail.Sid: Whoa, whoa, this should be the best time of our lives. We're having a baby.
Diego: No, Sid. They're [Manny and Ellie] having a baby.
Sid: Yeah but, we're a herd. We're a family.
Diego: Look, things have changed. Manny has other priorities now. Face it, Sid. We had a great run, but...it's time to move on.
Sid: So it's just the two of us.
Diego: No, Sid. It's not the two of us.
Sid: Crash and Eddie are coming with us? Just Crash? Just Eddie?
Diego: Goodbye, Sid.
- Later on, after overhearing Buck's assurance to Manny that he had been a good friend to Sid (in response to below), Diego is clearly having second thoughts about leaving.
- And Sid tries to convince Diego otherwise, to no avail.
- Manny's realizing how much of a jerk he was to Sid lately, therefore causing him to steal the eggs and get kidnapped by Momma dinosaur.Manny: (to Ellie) I'm sorry. I wanted to keep you safe...and here you are in the most dangerous place in the world
Ellie: Hey, this isn't your fault. It's bigger than both of us. We have to get Sid.
Manny: Yeah, well, if I'd been a better friend to him...we wouldn't be here.
- Sid's reaction to Manny's Jerkass remarks towards him that led to it all. No goofy retort or wisecrack. He just silently glares at Manny and walks off, declaring himself a loner.
- Sid having to say goodbye to his dinosaur children.
Tear Jerker / Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs