- Since this story took place more than half a century before the actual Fushigi Yuugi story happened brings one, since FY-savvy readers already know how it ends: with Einosuke killing Takiko AND himself as a Mercy Kill for her.
- Despite being a Foregone Conclusion the deaths of Tomite and Hikitsu are in no way less sad.
- Also, Anlu's death and specially Uruki's devastated reaction to Souen's death.
- Everything that happens in the last two chapters. Whether it's because you're sad or happy, you are going to cry.
- Firuka's reaction to her father's death, and to Haagasu's death.
- The look on Uruki's face when he finds out Takiko is dying of Tuberculosis.
- In order to save Takiko from being devoured by Genbu, all of the celestial warrior's agree to tell her that she isn't needed, and she was never useful anyway - which is Takiko's greatest fear. She slowly descends into depression, and it finally reaches its head when Uruki is the last one to tell her to go back to her world, and that they would never be able to be together. Takiko goes back to her world, crying and calling out Uruki's name, and Uruki doesn't even look at her as she disappears. What makes it worse is that we see all of the warriors looking guilty about what they said to Takiko, and Uruki is crying.
- Soren's funeral is both this and a Heartwarming Moment, as Soren's spirit appears before Uruki and tells him that he will always be with him.
Tear Jerker / Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden