- "Atavan Halen (7 Minutes in Heaven)" is about Wentz's attempted suicide by overdose. Once you know what it's about, you will cry eventually.
- This is actually the case with several other pre-hiatus songs, notably "Hum Hallelujah" and "I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth"
- "What a Catch Donnie" became known as their official "goodbye" song when the band was on hiatus. It is an amazing tear jerker, particularly the following lines:They say the captain goes down with the ship
So when the world ends, will God go down with it?
- Patrick would still shed some Manly Tears performing this during the Save Rock & Roll Tour.
- Even more of a tearjerker considering that Pete wrote it about Patrick.
- The acoustic version also qualifies, and especially this live performance of it. Pete sadly looks on while Patrick sounds as if he's fighting back tears.
- "Golden" is this to some people, with its use of only the piano and its downbeat nature compared to other songs on "Infinity on High".
- "Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year" is often seen as this, being a song about growing up.Are we growing up, or just going down?
- Many consider "I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)" a tear-jerker, because the lyrics are largely about hiding one's sadness.We can fake it for the airwaves/Force our smiles, baby, half dead
- "Alone Together", while it has an upbeat melody, has some very depressing lyrics.But I don't think I'm coming home and I said/I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead
- The constant regret throughout "Just One Yesterday" qualifies it as one of these.I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday.
- "Miss Missing You" is another one.Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger, the person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger
- This line is made even worse in the Young Blood Chronicles. A brainwashed Patrick is chasing Pete around at this point, actively trying to kill him.
- In the same video, watching Patrick and Pete kill each other was pretty depressing.
- "Jet Pack Blues" has a melancholy tune, and along with the lyrics, it makes a powerfully sad song overall.Shes in a long black coat tonight, waiting for me in the downpour outside.
Shes singing Baby come home in a melody of tears, while the rhythm of the rain keeps time.
- Despite being an upbeat montage song in Big Hero 6, some of the lyrics in "Immortals" are down-right sad.Sometimes the only pay off for having any faith/Is when it's tested again and again every day!
- During "Where Did The Party Go" in The Young Blood Chronicles videos, Patrick's expression when he realizes he killed Joe.
- In "Rat a Tat," there's a brief hope spot where Pete and Andy break into Courtney Love's base. Pete grabs the briefcase and runs, and it looks for a moment like he and Andy could get away...until Andy, out of nowhere, gets his throat slit. By this point, only Pete and Patrick are left, and Patrick hardly counts since he's brainwashed and trying to kill Pete.
- The music video for Young And Menace. A little girl finds a magazine washed up on a beach with a picture of a happy family on it. Later, she's seen at a dinner table, with two llama-like creatures who scold her when she asks about the picture. The little girl runs away to human civilization, only to become overwhelmed at it all. It's implied that the two llama-like creatures were actually her human parents, who seem to be constantly fighting, and all she wanted was a happy family.
Tear Jerker / Fall Out Boy