- Elisabeth Gay's whole history. Here's a brief summary:
- Before meeting Diabolik she had a long string of rich boyfriends that seduced and abandoned her, with the last one doing it right as they were planning their wedding (his family had threatened to disown him);
- Then she met Diabolik... Who planned to do the same. Still somewhat better, as he treated her like a queen just as he used her to block the only way Ginko could have stopped his theft of the Garian collection of ceremonial knives;
- After that fateful encounter, Diabolik realized that there's a fine brain inside the gorgeous Elisabeth Gay and put her to test, planning to possibly take her as accomplice and marry her. She did prove herself skilled enough during the test, but also proved herself too honest. Cue Diabolik deciding to eventually dump her;
- One day she grows suspicious of 'Walter' (AKA Diabolik) entering from the window the previous night, so she searches their garden, and accidentally finds Diabolik's lab. Scared by what appeared human heads, she calls the police, and Ginko later informs her that 'Walter Dorian' was actually Diabolik. Cue realization of her part in Diabolik's caper against the Garian family in general and that she helped him driving Clelia Garian deeper into madness;
- At the trial, Diabolik is sentenced to death, but just as the guillotine beheaded him Ginko guessed it wasn't Diabolik but someone else. The investigations later revealed that Eva Kant was responsible, and Elisabeth realized she had already been replaced even before she accidentally got him arrested. A realization that drives her to madness, something that, to her, is a Fate Worse than Death;
- After she recovers, she falls in love with her doctor, Alberto Floriani. Cue Diabolik's revenge: he drives her back into madness, convincing her that Alberto had been killed by him and that her ghost was now haunting her. He later shows up in her room to give her a last goodbye and drive her into madness for good;
- Years later Elisabeth either recovers or becomes functional enough to be released and marry Alberto, but she's still in love with Diabolik... And obsessed with making him pay. She managed to capture him and starts torturing him to death while taking pictures and delivering them to Eva to drive her to madness too, but not only Alberto finds her and tries to stop her, but Eva does too and saves Diabolik, and Elisabeth is committed again, ultimately ending in a foreign clinic owned by her husband;
- After that she convinces herself to be in love with Ginko because he hates Diabolik just as much as her, and Alberto, whose face was burned in a car crash, gets a plastic to look like him and makes an attempt to trap and murder Diabolik. As the attempt included capturing Ginko, Elisabeth finds herself confronting two Ginkos... And the real one tricks her into shooting Alberto. He lives only long enough for her to realize what she had done. Word of God is that she died a few days later.
- Gustavo Garian's backstory, early days and death. They also double as why Gustavo wanted to see Diabolik die:
- The backstory: Gustavo's parents Stefano and Clelia went out of the country for their job, leaving him for years to be raised by his older cousin Eleonora de Semily. A few months before they were slated to return, Diabolik murdered his father and, as the Garian assets were in both of their names, drove his mother to madness: as he didn't want her to reveal the death of Stefano but killing Clelia would have got the assets frozen for months, he made sure she'd believe "The Murderer" killed Stefano and then magically became him (remember, at this time Diabolik's masks are still unknown, so not even Ginko would think about them), and had her committed. This was part of a failed attempt at stealing a precious knife collection from the Garians;
- In the very first story, Diabolik murders Eleonora and makes sure Clelia Garian, who has recovered, cannot reveal his identity by driving her back into madness. Diabolik then steals the knives, nearly kills Gustavo after convincing him that he killed the aunt in a moment of folly, and steals most of the Garian assets.
- Years later Gustavo is informed that the artistic box that was supposed to hold the knives collection has been found. Gustavo goes to the solicitor who's holding them for him, completes the paperwork... And then finds out that Diabolik has stolen it minutes before just to complete the collection.
- Clelia Garian's death. Mere weeks after the events of the first story, Clelia has somewhat recovered, Gustavo visits her, tells her he'll bring her home... Then she hallucinates that Gustavo is "The Murderer" and has a fatal heart attack in terror.
- Months later Gustavo did find a way to finally kill Diabolik and get closure. He had to sacrifice it to get Diabolik to save Ginko, who had been captured by a mob boss and was being tortured to death.
- Years later Gustavo finds out he's terminally ill, so, with the help of a number of Diabolik's victims, he raises the money to hire the world's best assassins and set them on Diabolik before having them kill him. They succeed, but Ginko informs him they've been killed and were planning to kill him, so Gustavo tells him everything, gets Ginko to give him his gun to shoot himself in the head... Except Diabolik's still alive, and it was him in disguise, and not Ginko, to give him the gun. At least Diabolik let him die believing he had finally killed the man who ruined his life...
Tear Jerker / Diabolik