- The reaction of various characters on Earth have when learning that their friends and family are missing when the disappearance of the Paladins is reported.
- Especially Euphie, Cornelia, and Jeremiah's reactions - they just learned that people they had assumed to be dead for seven years are still alive, but are now missing.
- C.C.'s state of terror when she has her memories examined by Haggar. Hardly anything seems to phase her, but this did, and it is heartbreaking.
- Kallen's desperation to get in touch with the others when Lelouch is injured during Across The Universe - she's already lost her brother, had to see her mother imprisoned, and now has to face the possibility of losing her leader and probable crush. The poor girl is clearly under a lot of stress.
- Practically all of the Paladins' reactions to meeting Mao - he gives each of them a "The Reason You Suck" Speech, each tailored to the Paladin he is addressing:
- For Milly, he calls her out on how she and her family only took Lelouch and Nunnally in if they were found by the Emperor and told that the Ashfords cared for the two, the family might regain their lost status.
- For Rivalz, he mocks the boy's total unwillingness to do anything to help others despite regularly driving past the ghettoes with Lelouch.
- For Kallen, Mao throws out the fact that Kallen hates her mother for bearing so much abuse from Ms. Stadfelt and being imprisoned (though this only serves to piss her off).
- Shirley, meanwhile, has to put up with Mao noting that the Emperor might have her parents either taken hostage or assassinated if he found out she was a Paladin. Mao also mocks her for crushing hard on Lelouch despite his more negative traits, and for the fact that she now has feelings for Rai as well.
- Speaking of Rai, he has to deal with Mao berating him over how severely he hurt his sister in his effort to keep her away from the gladiator matches. Additionally, Mao notes that Rai is still trying to regain his memories...but isn't sure that he wants to get them back.
- Suzaku...actually, Suzaku found a way to shut Mao up.
- Finally, Lelouch arguably gets it the worst - while the prince makes an effort to shoot down all of Mao's criticisms, he finally cracks when the Chinese Boy asks him if he really thinks he'll be able to bond with the Black Lion, or if he is any different from Zarkon.
Tear Jerker / Code Geass: Paladins of Voltron