- The climax of "RIP Calvin" involves four out of our five main protagonists dying and Hobbes rushing through ship to save them as Bring Me To Life plays in the background.
- The MTM being destroyed in "Thunderstorm" much to Calvin's horror and grief.
- The entire Darkest Hour scene doubles as this: Thunderstorm has taken over, everyone has been put in dungeons like caged animals, Thunderstorm taunting Frank and Jack about his success and the fact that the world is literally dying.
- Calvin's not-really-nice-speech to Hobbes is this as well (although given Hobbes up until that point it may qualify as a Moment of Awesome). This happens near the end of "Thunderstorm", after Hobbes mocks the recently deceased MTM as being useless, and Calvin replies as follows:"All MTM ever did was try to help us. He always fired his lasers on time, and he always tried to lighten the mood. And what did you do during all those adventures? You were always running off. You were always hiding. You never helped us. What happened when we were attacked by a monster under my bed? You ran off. What happened when Socrates and I were attacked by a mountain lion? You ignored us. What happened when we were all trapped by that ghost? You deserted us. What happened when Socrates was lost and cornered by two bears? You feigned injury and made me do all the work, AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE SOCRATES! YOU STAND HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW USELESS MY INVENTIONS ARE, WHEN IN REALITY, YOU'RE THE USELESS ONE! I DON'T KNOW WHY I BOTHER WITH YOU! I SHOULD'VE KICKED YOU OUT ON SORRY FURRY BUTT YEARS AGO!"
- The end of Season 4. Hell yes.
Tear Jerker / Calvin and Hobbes: The Series