All spoilers are unmarked. You Have Been Warned.
- The deaths of Specialists Mosely and Baker. They planned to return to earth from Space on that day. It doesn't help that Specialist Mosely is considered to be the only sympathetic human character in this game, and Specialist Baker wasn't exactly unsympathetic either. They destroyed the RCS of the ODIN Satellite, sending it off orbit, so that it wouldn't destroy the entirety of continental United States, which sent the two burning to death via Orbital Reentry.
- At the end of Legends Never Die, the pleading look on Rorke's face right before Elias is forced to drop him (keep in mind that at this time Rorke is still one of the good guys).
- Riley takes a bullet in one of the later missions. He doesn't die, fortunately, but it is still one helluva Player Punch and he is sidelined for the rest of the game.
- Rorke brutally kills Elias Walker in front of his sons while they are Forced to Watch, shooting him three times in the chest & and then once more in the head.
- Elias, bleeding out, calmly tells the player character he's proud of him and that "everything will be okay" before Rorke executes him.
- The ending once you view the after credit stinger, sadistically subverting what was supposed to be a happy ending. Despite shooting Gabriel Rorke in the chest and leaving him to drown in a lake, he rises from the waters, kicks Hesh Walker in the guts and gloats about how he's going to turn Logan against his brother and the Ghosts, dragging him off while Hesh screams desperately, utterly helpless to stop the madman. The last shot is of the player trapped in a pit in the Amazon being tortured into becoming loyal to the Federation.