- In "Eye of the Storm", Thorn's tearful breakdown when she learns Gran'ma Ben kept secrets from her, about how her parents were dead and how she's royalty. It's such an intense moment that not only marks Thorn's loss of innocence, but also her broken trust in Gran'ma Ben.
- Any scene involving Gran'ma Ben or Lucius late in the story when they don't know where the other is.
- Jonathan's deathbed scene.
- Fone Bone fearing for Thorn's life when she reveals her plan to go after the Crown of Horns in order to destroy the Locust, but might kill her too because of the piece inside her, and trying to talk her out of to the point of tears when Thorn doesn't deny it.Fone Bone: It DOES mean that! PROMISE ME YOU WON'T DO IT! (crying) THORN! THORN — PROMISE ME PLEASE!
- Fone Bone saying goodbye to everyone, particularly Thorn.
- If it's any indication, even Phoney seems saddened.
- The flashback showing the dragons fighting the Lord of Locusts aka Mim, their beloved queen.
- Even sadder when you learn in "Tall Tales" that the Great Red Dragon (who was amongst the dragons that fought her) is in fact Mim's son.
- Lucius' funeral.
- Rose's very last words to Lucius in "Old Man's Cave": "Good-Bye, Lucius."
Tear Jerker / Bone