- "The Things I Cannot Change" and much of "Superheroes."
- Amelia returning home one day to find her parents in the middle of an argument on the phone. This can hit other kids whose parents have divorced pretty hard.
- Pajamaman revealed to be a poor kid in "A Very Ninja Christmas".
- The ending of "Her Permanent Record". In spades.
- Amelia's letter to the author of the self-help book in "The Tweenage Guide to Not Being Unpopular."
- On a similar note, Jenny Gray's fate to forever being a social outcast at school due to simply wearing two mismatched socks.
- When Joan's dad was assumed to be killed in a flight accident in The Meaning of Life...and Other Stuff."
- Amelia hitting Ira in a flashback (breaking their friendship), shown in "The Meaning of Life...and Other Stuff".
- Thankfully, it later gets resolved.
Tear Jerker / Amelia Rules!