Unicornus Knights is a cooperative board game created by Seiji Kanai and Kuro, and published in English by Alderac Entertainment Group. The Legnaia Empire has invaded and conquered the Kingdom of Astoria. However, 16-year-old Princess Cornelia escapes, and vows to defeat the Empire and retake the throne of Astoria.
Unicornus Knights provides examples of:
- Amazon Brigade: The Queensguard, commanded by Mirza, consists solely of women.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Certain characters and cards will cause enemies to switch sides if defeated.
- Escort Mission: The whole game is primarily about making sure Princess Cornelia gets to the capital alive.
- The Empire: The Legnaia Empire, which invaded and conquered Astoria.
- The Good Kingdom: The Kingdom of Astoria, which was invaded and conquered by The Empire.
- Heel–Face Turn: Most of the empire characters- except ones with the "no fate" condition- can pull this.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Princess Cornelia will attempt to head straight for the capital, and will not avoid a fight, even one she will clearly lose. The players' job is to get her there and defeat the Emperor instead of getting herself killed. Averted if you play using Cornelia's strategist personality card, in which case she is able to move tactically.
- Love at First Sight: A possible fate card, which immediately makes the imperial character that is affected by it to become an ally of the kingdom character they are fate-bounded to if said kingdom character is of the opposite sex.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: The "loyal soldier" fate card which has no effect, but implies that the empire character with it follows this trope.
- Princess in Rags: Princess Cornelia doesn't take the Empire's invasion lying down, vowing to defeat them and reclaim the throne.
- We Cannot Go On Without You: Any of the other kingdom characters are expendable, but if Princess Cornelia dies, you lose.