Trogdor!! The Board Game is a co-operative board game for up to six players, based on Trogdor the Burninator and the world of Peasant's Quest, as seen in the Homestar Runner web cartoons and other spin-offs. The game was posted on Kickstarter in July 2018, and the campaign was overwhelmingly successful, having earned over $1.4 million (out of an original goal of $75,000) when it ended a month later. James Ernest of Cheapass Games helped with game design and play-testing.
Players take on the roles of the Keepers of Trogdor, who guide the infamous wing-a-ling dragon as he rampages through the land of Peasantry. The play field takes the form of 25 land tiles, arranged in a 5x5 square, and players command Trogdor to move, burninate things, devour peasants, and more.
Each of the Keepers has a special power they can use on their turn, and a powerful magic artifact that can be recharged and reused when a specific condition is met. It'll take luck, skill, and teamwork to outwit the meddling peasants who can undo your hard work, and the mighty knights and archers trying to drive off Trogdor, and successfully burninate the countryside, the peasants, and the three thatched-roofed cottages on the board.
The game also comes with Stack 'Em to the Heavens, a mini-game based around stacking the peasant and knight meeples.
- Buffy Speak: One of the Items of Trogdor is called "That Dog Tennis Ball Thing, 'cept with Fireballs".
- Calvinball: One of the Keepers is The Cheat. The ability reads simply "Duh, you can cheat. What exactly this means is up to you."
- Co-Op Multiplayer: Players take turns controlling Trogdor, working together to burninate the countryside.
- Desperation Attack: If Trogdor takes damage when his Trog-meter is empty, this triggers "Trogdor's Firey Rage". Trogdor moves around the board based on five movement cards, burninating everything in his path, and players can win if they manage to complete the game's win conditions by the time Trogdor's Firey Rage ends.
- Elite Mook: The Troghammer is a third knight that comes into play when Trogdor first takes damage. He not only moves with the other knights, but whenever the players draw a Troghammer card from the Action deck.
- Her Code Name Was "Mary Sue": Most of the Keepers are from the Trog-canon. Three are made to look like they were added to the deck later with doodles on notebook paper and are very obviously self-inserts of Strong Bad and Strong Mad... and The Cheat, who is just The Cheat.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: Trogdor can devour a peasant to add it to his Trog-meter, which serves as his health bar.
- Man on Fire: Burninating a peasant will cause them to run around while engulfed in flames, burning any tiles they pass over. They can even cause chain reactions by setting other peasants on fire.
- Mythology Gag: There's a lot of references to the other parts of the Homestar Runner franchise in the game:
- Respawning Enemies: Peasants can come back under the right conditions.
- Verbal Tic: Crangolev, one of the Keepers of Trogdor, is described with "She probably ends sentences by going 'yesss?' a lot."
- Villain Protagonist: The objective of the game is to help Trogdor burn Peasantry to the ground.
- Villainous Breakdown: Trogdor doesn't "lose" when he takes damage with an empty Trog-meter. He Rage Quits. This is the basis for the "Trogdor's Fiery Rage" mechanic.