Do you believe in monsters? Well you better, because they’re out there and they mean business! The Cabal of Evil formed under the leadership of the monstrous Jack the Ripper has the Victorian world on its knees, and it’s up to you to fight back.
You are the Rippers; once Jack was your ally, now he is your mortal enemy. And he’s not alone!
Rippers is a complete setting for Savage Worlds featuring a full plot point campaign that pits the heroes against the fearsome creatures of the evil Cabal. Inside this setting you will also find rules on creating Rippers, the brave monster hunters who face the growing evil, new Edges and Hindrances, a huge bestiary of hellish adversaries, and details of the Rippers’ most controversial weapon—Rippertech!
This tabletop RPG provides examples of:
- All Myths Are True: All Victorian science-fiction/occult mysteries are true.
- Big Bad: Doctor Jack.
- Body Horror: Rippertech consists of grafting monster body parts to your form.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu??: The plot-point campaign allows you to kill virtually every famous monster in literature.
- You also get to be the person who figures out how to FINALLY kill Dracula for good.
- Face–Heel Turn: Jack the Ripper used to be a monster-hunter.
- Interservice Rivalry: There is plenty of friction between various factions within the Rippers, who all agree that the monsters must be fought, but can't agree on how.
- Public-Domain Character: Virtually the whole of Victorian fictions monsters and heroes are present.
- Rippertech Eats Your Soul: Which is a pity since it's a major part of the game.
- Sanity Slippage: A danger for Rippers.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: More or less the result of Status.
- Steampunk: A mild case.