Meddling Kids is a tabletop RPG released in 2004 by Allyson Books and Pandahead Productions. The game is a kid-friendly intro for Tabletop Role-Playing Games loosely based on mystery cartoons in the vein of Scooby-Doo. PCs are the team members of Cliche, a group of kids (plus their anthropomorphic animal sidekick referred to as the "Wild Card") who solve mysteries together.
Meddling Kids includes examples of:
- Dramatic Unmask: This plot point is worked into the game mechanics in the form of a trap statistic plus a roll of 2d6, aiming to beat the Monster's Trap Target.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Capt. Bingo, the sample Cliche's Wild Card is this.
- GMPC: The Wild Card is this, primarily for the purpose of pushing the plot along with the help of a "Quirk" stat.
- Talking Animal: Wild Cards take the form of this.
- Team Pet: The Wild Card, what with the GM playing the role of the Scooby-Doo stand-in of the team.