Janggi, or Korean Chess, is similar to Xiangqi, with the following differences:
- There is no river.
- Pawns have a sideways move right off the bat.
- The General and Advisors, while still confined to the palace, can move along all lines thereof.
- Elephants move like a non-leaping Zebra in Fairy Chess (i.e. one point orthogonally followed by two at a forty-five degree angle to the orthogonal direction).
- Generals start in the center of the palace.
- Cannons must leap to move as well as capture, and cannot leap each other.
This contains examples of:
- Gambit Pileup
- Glass Cannon/One-Hit Point Wonder
- The Janggi Master: You, if you're good enough.
- Oh, Crap!/Didn't See That Coming
- Took a Level in Badass: The Pawns, General, Advisors, and Elephants