Just as in the original, in this cooperative game the players take the role of a squadron of Space Marines in the Grimdark world of Warhammer 40,000 who have boarded a space hulk and cleanse it from the very VERY dangerous genestealers, while fighting in the narrow corridors of the ship.
This game provides examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: It doesn't matter how powerful a character is or how many support tokens he has, one bad roll and he'll turn into genestealer's food.
- The Berserker: Brother Claudio on Heroic Charge. He automatically kills three genestealers, turning him incredibly useful in tough spots, but if you roll a 0, he dies.
- BFG: Brother Leon's assault cannon.
- More Dakka: The Full Auto action, allowing brother Leon to attack three times.
- Solo Tabletop Game: Playable either co-operative or solo, since the events are determined by a deck of cards and genestealers automatically attack.
- With Catlike Tread: Stealth Tactics involves moving silently on armour that weighs more than 200 pounds.
- Zerg Rush: One genestealer usually isn't a threat. Pile up three or four of them and things quickly change.