- A favorite gag of Homestar Runner.
- In Strong Bad Email 50, after Homestar accidentally causes Strong Bad's Compy to have a "flagrant system error", he sticks a fake error message on it that reads "Everything is fine. Nothing is ruined. This is real."
- In the director's cut of Dangeresque 1: Dangeresque Too? seen in "dangeresque 3", when Homestar asks Strong Sad/Hot Tub what he knows about Perducci, what's Strong Sad's answer? "Only that I am not one of his minions."Strong Bad (as Dangeresque): That stranger seemed to know a little bit too little about Perducci.
- In episode 1 of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Strong Bad argues that it wasn't Homestar who won the Tri-Annual Race to the End of the Race, but him "in a not-from-Marzipan's-float Homestar costume".
- In episode 5 of SBCG4AP, Homestar insists that he didn't swallow his lucky quarter, "And it certainly didn't taste anything like butterscotch!"
- In Other Days (SBEmail #111) Strongbad informs the viewers that on Saturdays he certainly doesn't wake up at 6am, put on a Speedo, and go to swim practice. No no, definitely not a Speedo.
- The King of Town's character video has him saying that he "did not ever try to eat [his] own mustache".
- In "TrogdorCon '97", Strong Bad says to Strong Sad, "Look, I don't know where The Cheat got 500 bucks or where your missing 500 bucks is."
- In a deleted scene from the Strong Bad Email "from work", Strong Bad skips work by replacing himself with a crude dummy accompanied by a word-balloon sign reading "Hello, I work hard, and am not stuffed with cottage cheese".
- Quoth Homestar, in the 2014 Halloween episode, "I Killed Pom Pom!": "Pom Pom? Never heard of him. Sounds like someone who's still alive, though."
- In the 2018 Fan Costumes compilation, Strong Bad complements a picture of two fans dressed as Homestar and Strong Bad re-enacting the SBEmail "space program".Strong Bad: This is no costume! You guys started your own sbemail reenactment society.
Strong Sad: (sheepishly) Which is something I've never done!note
- One of Weebl's "Cat Face" cartoons includes a "cat" that insists that he does not find cats at all delicious.
- Red vs. Blue:
- In an episode of Red vs. Blue Recreation:Simmons: Dogs are loyal too, but that doesn't mean you can't eat them when you're stranded in an arctic outpost and Command can't get rations through because of the seasonal blizzard.
Donut: That seem like an oddly specific exam—
Simmons: I don't want to talk about it.
- Another example from Red vs Blue:Grif: I can tell you what we weren't doing, and that's reenacting the greatest scene from The Dukes of Hazard ever!
- On another occasion:Simmons: Are you afraid of bats or something?
Grif: Afraid of bats? No! Why would you think that? And why would you even ask that? That's a pretty weird question to ask just for no reason!
- In an episode of Red vs. Blue Recreation:
- Rooster Teeth (the guys that make Red Vs. Blue) love this trope.
- Two examples from the newest season of Rooster Teeth Shorts they've done:Joel: You have a trapdoor. And you keep sending people through the trapdoor into the restaurant below.
Burnie: Okay, Joel, I don't know who told you this story, but listen to yourself, okay? Listen to how farfetched it is. Why would I even want a Henckman Bros. Model 607 trapdoor?
- And:Joel: Hey, Gus, back from the, uh, Gulf Coast there?
Gus: (with a pineapple in a bucket, two leis around his neck, and various other tropical attire) What? Yeah, of course I am. You can't even get a flight to Hawaii right now, don't be ridiculous.
- Two examples from the newest season of Rooster Teeth Shorts they've done:
- Gordon from Freeman's Mind notes that the intercom wouldn't specifically warn them to not do obviously dangerous things unless someone has already tried them.
- This is a high definition version of Alice in Wonderland. It was created to be fun and entertain children with its quirky animation style, colorful palette and strangeness. It is in no way an attempt to emulate or imitate the Alice in Wonderland movies from the past or the future.
- From the Weebl cartoon On the Moon:Toast King: I'm trying to figure out where this black hole came from!
Insanity Prawn Boy: It wasn't me, I didn't build a supercollider!
Toast King: Good, because those things are Dan— wait!
- Don Paolo from Professor Layton and the Malignant Growth Part 6 can't seem to not say these, and even without any context whatsoever.Don Paolo: C'mere, sign this paper. I didn't rob this place. Here, sign this paper. Pedophile, paper, what-why do they sound so alike!? I don't rape kids, but they sound so similar!
- On an episode of Marca Toons, José Mourinho decided to not let Özil participate in the training sessions until he learns some Spanish. Ramos tries to help him telling him to just move his lips and he'll provide the voice from somewhere else, which results in this Epic Fail:Mourinho: Wow, Özil! You can already talk?
Ramos as Özil: Sure! And I'll even sing the Real Madrid anthem for you if you want, quillo.note
Mourinho: Quillo? Why are you talking like Sergio Ramos?
Ramos as Özil: Are you accusing Sergio Ramos of being the one actually speaking while Özil just opens his mouth and pretends to do it?
Ramos as Özil: Better, because I'm not Sergio Ramos playing Özil. And there's absolutely no way I'm hiding behind the hedge that's exactly two meters on your right.
[Mourinho goes to said hedge, smelling a rat, and finds Ramos there]
Ramos: [visibly nervous] Hey, coach! What are you doing here?
- In episode 1 of Llamas with Hats (from the same people who bought us Charlie the Unicorn), one llama comes home to find a dead human in his house.Paul: Why did you kill this person, Carl?
Carl: I do not kill people. That is... that is my least favorite thing to do.
- In RWBY, Nora says to Ren:"We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not "together-together"... Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?"
- Zero Punctuation:
And yes, my voice sounded different in ZP because I had a sore throat. There continues to not be a body-snatching conspiracy going on.
- The review of Guitar Hero III includes the line: "It all started when some colleagues and I were at a friend's house for completely heterosexual reasons and decided to break out Guitar Hero on easy mode in celebration of our manliness and complete lack of desire to fondle scrotums."
- Tweeting about his God of War 3 review:
- Dom Fera's original animated take on The Devil and Daniel Webster hasJabez: Thank you, thank you. I'd just like to say I deserve everything I've ever had and in no way sold my soul to the devil!
- Camp Camp:
David: Wait a sec, what are you even doing out here?Max: Well it's definitely not because the bus only comes in from the city to drop off and pick up campers and so far seems to be my only reasonable method of escaping this fuckin' nightmare of a camp. Definitely not that.David: Hey... language.
- Max makes one when David asks him a perfectly innocent question. David seems completely oblivious to his response, though.
Campbell: Well I'm certainly not hiding out from any authorities, if that's what you're thinking!
- We get another one from Cameron Campbell a little later, again directed at David.
Suspiciously Specific Denial / Web Animation