- Donkey Kong Country:
- The main riff in "DK Island Swing" has the exact same tempo and chords as the verses to "I Wanna Be like You" from The Jungle Book—a song that, tellingly, also involved apes.
- The Ice Cave theme sounds similar to "Sweet Child of Mine".
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest:
- The title theme sounds a lot like the theme from Hook.
- Despite predating the film by three years, Klomp's Romp is quite similar to A Girl Worth Fighting For.
- The swamp level BGM "Bayou Boogie" sounds a lot like Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight", which inevitably led to this. The composer, David Wise, confirmed that the similarity was intentional.
- The ice cave level BGM, "In a Snow-bound Land," is based on "Theme of Antarctica." by Vangelis.
- The Rickety Race theme, "Disco Train," bears a strong resemblance to Deadly Sins' "We Are Going On Down" — perhaps not coincidentally, since the Deadly Sins video is mostly roller coaster footage.
- The Haunted Hall theme, "Haunted Chase," is based on Night on Bald Mountain.
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!:
- The Lakeside theme in the SNES version is 50% a remix of the theme to "Last of the Summer Wine."
- Inputting the "MERRY" cheat code replaces the background music in the bonus stages with "Jangle Bells"note , whose opening section bears a striking resemblance to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree".
- The song "Mill Fever" from the mill levels is very obviously based on "Fever" by Peggy Lee. The title is even a reference to it.
- From the Game Boy entry, Donkey Kong Land, "Big Ape City" is a soundalike of Rob Hubbard's Thing on a Spring theme for the Commodore 64. And both of them sound a whole lot like "Lady Madonna".
- In Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mountaintop Tussle sounds similar to "One-Winged Angel" from Final Fantasy VII, as demonstrated here by SiIvaGunner.
- In Diddy Kong Racing:
- TT's theme bears more than a passing resemblance to Kool & the Gang's hit song "Celebration".
- Then there's the Secret Song, which sounds like a screwed-up version of "Jib Jig" from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
- The winter-themed tracks in the Snowflake Mountain hub courses borrow heavily from Christmas songs. Walrus Cove has pieces of "Here Comes Santa Claus" ("Bells are ringing, children singing...") and "Winter Wonderland" ("In the meadow we can build a snowman..."). Frosty Village has "Winter Wonderland" right off the bat, combined with the bridge from, of all things, the Andy Griffith Show theme.
- Snowball Valley is a blatant ripoff of the Chicken Dance and almost copies the entire second part verbatim, and there's a part of that song that sounds exactly like The Brady Bunch theme, of all things.
- The Spaceport Alpha theme is suspiciously similar to the Thunderbirds theme.
- The lobby theme is essentially the intro to Huey Lewis and the News' "It's Hip to Be Square" in a slower tempo and with some synths added.
Suspiciously Similar Song / Donkey Kong