Sometimes, a character is just a walking, talking Moment of Awesome. He may not yet qualify for Magnificent Bastard but he is just so awesome! Well, here is the right place to tell the world about just how awesome your favorite character is!
NOTE: This is to gush about characters, not to bash people for not liking those characters.
- Anime & Manga
- Comic Books
- Films Animation
- Films Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Video Games
- Web Comics
- Web Original
- Western Animation
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series:
- If abridged series characters qualify, then Sokka in Avatar: The Abridged Series deserves at least a mention. Twice the Meta, twice the Butt-Monkey, four times the funny ("So he's like... Kung Fu Action Jesus?").
- From Sailor Moon Abridged: Raye. She's an aggressive, shrill-voiced Satanist and pyromanic who just wants to sacrifice small animals in peace. Saddled with The Ditz as team leader, you can't help but feel bad for her when she meets her new team member, a Valley Girl: OH MY GOD THERE'S TWO OF THEM!
- Dragon Ball Z Abridged'':
- Nappa and Vegeta, the greatest comedy duo in the history of abridged series.
- Goku from the same series. Whenever he's around, the episode is 10 times funnier.
- Dear Lord, Doctor Stephen Strange from Child of the Storm. Accredited member of The Omniscient Council of Vagueness, referenced on the Time Lord page and the House of Magic, and completely and totally Crazy Awesome. He's the Magnificent Bastard Supreme in a world full of them, The Archmage who regularly goes Beyond the Impossible, The Omniscient whose foreknowledge is a Running Gag, who uses his knowledge for both saving the world and messing with other people. He may even have written the Evil Overlord List. How can you not enjoy him?
- Sound Horizon is full of awesome characters, but I love Idolfried Ehrenberg from their 7th Story CD "Märchen" the most. He only appears in the backstory of one of the other characters and only has about three lines of dialogue, which resulted in the fandom basically running away with his personality which was later adopted in official concerts, making him an awesome(ly rude) pirate that basically lives for breasts and has quite a bit of Ho Yay going on with Cortes.
- Gorillaz has Noodle, a cute Japanese girl with mad guitar skills.
- Spring Heeled Jack, The terror of England, so mysterious, was he a real life demon? Was He an alien? Was he just a hoax? Was he a guy in a costume? Was He a monster or evil or was he really a misunderstood hero? Remember That in Universe, most super heroes are framed for crimes or accused of crime, whats to say that Spring Heeled Jack wasn't a hero who was misunderstood? He's just that Mysterious! There's a reason I based my College Creative Writing on his sightings & made a rather good Super Hero Story.
- Geof the talking mongoose. Yes, a talking animal which may or may not be a poltergeist can be creepy and inconvenient, but there's just something so adorable about how he bonded with the family. And he mostly spoke with the daughter, so he pretty much is a childhood imaginary friend come alive!
- John Cena! From just being some guy with, to quote Jericho, "silly green shorts" to his transformation into "The Dr. of Thugenomics" to his face turn to his becoming the #1 babyface in wrestling, I have always supported him. "The Champ is HERE!" Down since day one. Word Life.
- HURRICANE HELMS! He is awesome, hilarious, and cool all at the same time. Too bad he got released...
- Chris Jericho is the funniest wrestler in history, and has the heart of a lion.
- What about Rey Mysterio Jr.? He's awesome! He is one of the most amazing wrestlers because of his high flying techniques, and the fans love him!
- CM Punk. While he's been always awesome to me, everything he's done starting from the awesome 6/27/11 rant at the end of Raw, and culminating in Punk becoming WWE Champion thrice during the (still-going) run, was where he really became a complete favorite for me.
- How can anybody not love THE ROCK? Sure, he can be a Boring Invincible Hero sometimes, but still! He's the PEOPLE'S CHAMP! Not to mention his CMOA when he came back:
The Rock: Make no mistake, Vince! There is only ONE person that is electrifying enough to host WrestleMania. And that man is.... the jabroni beating... ALELELELELOW! PIE EATING, SHOW STOPPING, TRAIL BLAZING, EYEBROW RAISING, FOOT OFF THE BRAKES, FOOT ON THE GAS, ALWAYS READY TO WHOOP SOME ASS PEOPLE'S CHAMP....THE ROCK!
- The Undertaker is just badass.
- Dean Fucking Ambrose! The lunatic fringe, despite being mid-card, gives some of the best matches the WWE has during the PG era, is one rarety as a face who is just as ruthless as a heel, even when The Shield was disbanded he never betrayed Roman Reings, the other face member and his match against Kevin Owens for the IC title in TLC is the highlight of the rather lackluster PPV (That and Roman wailing on Triple H).
- Homestar Runner:
- Strong Bad. He's quite possibly one of the most hilarious animated characters ever, and I'm usually wary of cases where the Anti-Hero type becomes more popular than the plain, simple hero (usually leads to character bashing lobbed at said hero, etc). H* R makes it work because Strong Bad is actually funny and his instances of not being as cool as he says he is make him that much cooler. Plus, Homestar definitely works better as The Ditz than the heroic athlete so it all balances out.
- Homsar. The most hilariously nonsensical Cloud Cuckoo Lander ever, and so endlessly quotable. "Ahhh'm a song from the sixties..."
- Red vs. Blue:
Caboose: Or, it happens to be a key all the time, and when you stick it in people, you unlock their death.
- Sarge is the epitome of Drill Sergeant Nasty, and it is amazing.
- And you gotta love Caboose!
- Tucker. That is all. Bow-chika-bow-wow!
- On a more serious note, the Meta and Washington. A pair of rivals that took the plot to a darker and more interesting place, with sheer badassery to boot.
- Oh, Felix. Felix, Felix, Felix, where do I begin? A villain whose nature is a shocking yet satisfying twist, Felix manages to make his partner Locus look like a minor threat by comparison. He's delightfully smug, unapologetically evil, and yet surprisingly complex and nuanced when you take a closer look at him. His one major weakness just makes him more appealing, especially due to an absolutely brilliant monologue written by his creator and voice actor, which actually manages to give him a shred of humanity, without earning any sympathy.
- EVERY SINGLE character from Shadow of Israphel!!!
- Pyrrha Nikos is an experienced, extremely capable fighter (she is the four-time Mistral tournament champion) and a stellar student, much like Weiss Schnee. Unlike Weiss, despite being a celebrity figure, Pyrrha is incredibly humble, polite, and willing to lend a hand to anyone who needs it, easily one of the gentlest characters in the show. She will stand up to people who she deems "atrocious", however, and will have no problem handing their asses, all four of them. Not to mention, she is a beautiful Statuesque Stunner, with piercing green eyes and red hair.
- Yang Xiao Long, aka the shotgun-gauntlet wielding brute force of the eponymous team. She is such a Blood Knight that she took up being a Huntress solely to get into fights. Despite being an arrogant hothead, she has a huge heart and a strong nurturing side to her baby sister. She also has awesome hair, and woe betide any being foolish enough to lay a finger on it, be it a Grimm or a Too Dumb to Live bartender. And that's not even getting into her awesome Semblance. She cares for her teammates' well-being so much that she won't hesitate to use force to knock some sense into them when they insist on destroying themselves.
- Blake Belladonna is an independent, intelligent Badass Bookworm cat Faunus whose idealism and and passion for justice is well-hidden by her cynical comments and her tormented past. She is willing to work herself to death to make sure that her people aren't exploited. Her moral compass causes her to abandon the White Fang, the group she'd grown up under, when she sees that they've become needlessly antagonistic towards humans (the people that have abused Faunus since who knows when). She isn't powerful like Yang, but she's agile and stealthy with Gambol Shroud, an intricate (yet practical) and difficult-to-wield 4-in-1 weapon (a katana, a sheath that serves as another sword, a whip, and a gun). She singlehandedly defeated one of RWBY's most dangerous foes in a fight. She isn't afraid to insult those who deserve it, despite her withdrawn personality.
- It's a shame Sun Wukong doesn't get more attention from the actual show itself. He's a gorgeous monkey faunus who is adorably smitten with Blake and effortlessly a smooth individual, who shows evident love of action but important concern over his friends. He's also an intense badass in a fight, at one point knocking a man flat on his ass with a punch from his tail...and then beating around baddies like rag dolls with a Bo staff, and unloading 40 shotgun blasts in five seconds from the shotgun-nunchucks his staff splits into. He's also good enough to not only get into the finals round among only seven other fighters in a worldwide tournament with hundreds of combants more experienced than him, he did it while the Big Bad was actively trying to plot and prevent him doing it. Yang and Pyrrha are there not without any lack of skill, but Cinder's machinations also made sure they got there. Sun unknowingly flipped off the Big Bad by showing how badass he can be....albeit offscreen.
- No love for Ruby? She's easily one of the most adorable protagonists, is skilled with the scythe, and is all around a good person. What makes me admire her is her determination even after the devastating losses in volume 3.