All spoilers on this page are left unmarked. You Have Been Warned!
- Any time an Eternal Dragon - Shenron, Porunga, Super Shenron, etc - is summoned.
Emperor Pilaf Saga
- Goku catching a giant fish.
- Bulma and Goku meeting for the first time.
- Goku removing Bulma's underwear and screaming that her balls are gone.
- The infamous scene where Bulma (unknowingly) flashes Master Roshi in exchange for a Dragon Ball.
- Master Roshi using a Kamehameha wave to blow away the fire on Frying Pan Mountain.
- Goku's first Kamehameha, which destroys the group's car.
- Goku's transformation into a giant ape (including in the next arc).
- The milk delivery training, and Roshi motivating Goku to continue by telling a story about his beloved Grandpa doing it himself.
- Krillin standing up to the Orin Temple bullies and kicking one through a wall with his first attack completely by accident.
- Krillin defeating Bacterian when Goku reminds him that he has no nose.
- Goku vs. Jackie Chun (aka Master Roshi in disguise), especially the last part that ended with a double KO.
- Another standout moment is Goku using his tail like a helicopter to stay off the ground when Jackie Chun throws him out of the ring. Some of the fighting games have referenced it, mostly so Kid Goku can fly in battle like some of the other playable characters (most of whom are from Z).
Red Ribbon Army Saga/General Blue Saga
- Goku departing Jingle Village after reuniting with Kinto'un. Either in Japanese for playing The Son Goku Song, or the dub for summing up what makes the Red Ribbon Army arc so special.
- Spending an entire episode fighting the pirate robot and running away from it on a balcony.
- General Blue vs. Arale, as well as visiting Penguin Village in general.
Commander Red Saga
- Tao Pai-Pai killing Bora, Upa's father.
- Goku climbing up Korin Tower, and getting the divine water at the top.
- Goku's rematch with Mercenary Tao.
Fortuneteller Baba Saga
- Goku being reunited with his grandfather.
- The Blue Wanderers scene where Goku and Upa have fun on the way back to resurrect Bora.
Tien Shinhan Saga
- Tien breaking Yamcha's leg.
- Goku's fight with Krillin.
- Tien growing two extra arms with his Four Witches Technique, and Goku moving his own arms fast enough to create the illusion of pulling off the technique.
- Tien refusing to kill Goku in the finals, and later how the winner of the match is decided.
- Krillin's death, particularly the "breaking glass" moment and Goku sprinting back to the tournament grounds in the anime. In Japan, this moment was a HUGE deal in popular culture when it debuted in the manga.
King Piccolo Saga
- The flashback of Master Mutaito sealing King Piccolo in an electric rice cooker with the Evil Containment Wave.
- King Piccolo kills Shenron after getting his youth restored.
- King Piccolo blowing up Central City to eliminate Goku, complete with Hiroshima overtones.
- Goku launching himself in the air with a Kamehameha and flying straight through King Piccolo's chest.
Piccolo Jr. Saga
- Possibly, the first time Goku is shown as an adult, removing the turban around his head to reveal his signature hairdo.
- Tien utterly humiliating Cyborg Tao whilst feeling sorry for him the whole time.
- Goku agreeing to marry Chi-Chi during their tournament match.
- Goku's battle with Piccolo Jr, and Goku winning despite having all of his limbs disabled. Just like the last time.
- Piccolo shooting his Makangosappo/Special Beam Cannon at Raditz while Goku holds him from behind.
- Goku running on Snake Way, in both his arc and the next.
- Goku's training with King Kai, specifically making him laugh with corny jokes in order to be accepted as his student, then having to catch his pet monkey Bubbles and bonk Gregory the cricket on the head with a mallet.
- Piccolo destroying the moon to undo Gohan's ape transformation (just like Master Roshi had to do with Goku).
- Unfortunately for Yamcha, his death scene from a Saibaman blowing up on him.
- Chaotzu's attempt at defeating Nappa by blowing himself up, which ends up being a Senseless Sacrifice.
- Piccolo sacrificing himself to save Gohan from Nappa's death-dealing blow (the Bomber DX in the dub).
- In the dub, when Vegeta realizes that Goku's power level is over 9000.
- Nappa getting utterly curb-stomped by Goku upon his return from King Kai's training.
- Vegeta tossing Nappa into the air and blowing him to smithereens.
- Goku's Kamehameha vs Vegeta's Gallick Gun, and their entire fight as a whole.
Namek Saga/Captain Ginyu Saga
- Bulma and the Crabs, but not for good reasons.
- Vegeta bumping into Gohan after he's returning with Vegeta's stolen Dragon Ball.
- The arrival of the Ginyu Force and their introduction scene.
- Vegeta's futile battle with Frieza, culminating in Frieza's No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- Frieza shooting Vegeta in the heart, culminating in his tearful story and his entire death scene in general, with Goku holding a Meaningful Funeral for his old foe and giving him a decent burial.
- Krillin's (second) death, this time at the hands of Frieza.
- Goku's first transformation into a Super Saiyan after Frieza pushes him too far in his cruelty. The Irony that befalls Frieza (because of Frieza, mind you) is but one of the reasons why people remember it so fondly.
- Goku facing off against Frieza while Namek is on the verge of destruction. It's so iconic that some of the fighting games will have Goku and Frieza in the exact condition they were in during that battle (i.e bloody and bruised) if you choose them and the crumbling Planet Namek as the arena.
- Future Trunks totally owning Mecha Frieza and the latter's father, King Cold, in a Curb-Stomp Battle.
- Trunks discussing with Goku why he's travelled back in time, as well as revealing his parentage.
- Vegeta turning into a Super Saiyan for the first time and completely dominating Android 19.
- Vegeta's beatdown at the hands of Android 18.
Imperfect Cell Saga
- Piccolo's fight with Android 17, which is frequently acclaimed as one of the most evenly matched fights in the whole franchise.
Perfect Cell Saga
- Krillin destroying the button that would have destroyed Android 18, having realized his love for her.
- Cell absorbing Android 18 and reaching his perfect form.
Cell Games Saga
- Gohan becoming a Super Saiyan 2, and his beatdown of Cell.
- Goku's Heroic Sacrifice at the end of the Cell Games.
- The Father-Son Kamehameha and Gohan and Cell's epic Beam-O-War at the climax of the Cell Games near the end of the Cell Saga.
Great Saiyaman Saga
- Any time Gohan does a funny pose as the Great Saiyaman.
World Tournament Saga
- Goku meeting his son Goten for the first time.
- Videl's beatdown at the hands of Spopovich; remembered for just how brutal it is.
- Vegeta blowing up the grandstands at the Tournament arena.
- The extended anime fight between Goku and Vegeta.
Majin Buu Saga
- Vegeta sacrificing his life to kill Majin Buu, and his first hug to Trunks.
- Goku transforming into a Super Saiyan 3.
- The fusion dance between Trunks and Goten, and later Goku and Vegeta.
- Vegito vs. Super Buu, especially after Vegito gets turned into coffee candy.
Kid Buu Saga
- Kid Buu destroying earth with one of the most terrifying grins in the series
- Goku throwing a giant Spirit Bomb to finish off the final form of Buu.
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
- Vegeta shaving off his mustache, and the flashback that reveals his motivations as to why.
- Goku turning into a Golden Great Ape and then becoming a Super Saiyan 4.
- Baby turning into a Golden Great Ape to fight Super Saiyan 4 Goku.
- Piccolo staying on Earth and dying to seal the Black Star Dragon Balls.
Super 17 Saga
- Goku using his Dragon Fist to kill Super 17.
Shadow Dragon Saga
- Vegeta becoming a Super Saiyan 4.
- Gogeta vs. Omega Shenron, for the sheer utter mud stomp it was.
- Goku killing Omega Shenron with an Universal Spirit Bomb and then flying off with Shenron before saying goodbye to all his friends and family.
Battle of Gods Saga
- Vegeta's karaoke song and dance.
- The Super Saiyan God ritual, which many preferred over the version in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.
- Beerus and Super Saiyan God Goku nearly destroying the universe during their battle.
Resurrection of Frieza Saga
- The Satan Punch scene, for being a massively Funny Moment.
- Frieza returning, and going his Golden Form.
- Goku and Piccolo losing to Frost, where it is revealed that Frost cheated during the match, and Vegeta One-Hit KO-ing him later.
- Vegeta's fight against Cabba.
- The entirety of the Goku's fight against Hit, especially when Goku uses the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaio-Ken combination..
- The summoning of Super Shenron, putting him up there with his counterparts Shenron and Porunga.
Future Trunks Saga
- Goku Black being seen for the first time outside of his shadow form.
- Future Zamasu. standing next to Super Saiyan Rosé. Goku Black for the first time.
- The return of Vegito. as a Super Saiyan Blue and Future Trunks slicing Merged Zamasu in half with his spirit sword.
- Zeno destroying the Multiverse to render Zamasu Deader Than Dead.
- For the manga, Goku using the Hakai on Zamasu.
- Hit killing Goku. Thank goodness it was temporary.
- Krillin training with Master Roshi and Goku.
Universe Survival Saga
- The declaration of the Universal Tournament., and the news that losing universes are promptly erased.
- The exhibition match between Universe 9 and Universe 7, with Majin Buu vs Basil, Gohan vs Lavender, and Goku vs Toppo.
- The return of Android 17, and his clash with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku.
- Gohan re-unlocking his Ultimate Form again while training with Piccolo, and his fight with Goku.
- Majin Buu sleeps out of the tournament, and Goku recruits FRIEZA as their 10th member.
- Cauiflia becoming Super Saiyan, thus becoming the first female Super Saiyan in canon. Likewise, Kale going Super Saiyan as well, and later Legendary Super Saiyan.
- The beginning of the Universal Tournament.
- The elimination of Universe 9.
- Krillin's elimination.
- One thing people remember about the Roshi-centric episode of the Universe Survival Saga?, The Greatest, Most Powerful Kamehameha, and everything that built up to it. It's so awesome that it gained Roshi Beerus' respect.
- Frieza teams up with Frost and betrays Universe 7... except it was all an act, and Frieza backstabs Frost instead. Then Zeno eliminates Frost for attempting to cheat.
- Goku facing off against Jiren, complete with a Spirit Bomb, ending with Jiren using it to nearly kill him.
- JIREN. VS. ULTRA. INSTINCT. GOKU.
- Hit vs Jiren. The entirety of it.
- Kefla is born.
- Kefla vs. Ultra Instinct Goku, especially the latter using a point blank Kamehameha to eliminate the former.
- The U6 Namekians' Last Stand against Universe 7.
- Universe 6 and Universe 2 getting dropped at the same time.
- Kochiarator vs Goku and Vegeta.
- Aniraza vs the entire Universe 7, with special mention to trying to destroy the entire ring, and the Beam-O-War between all six combatants.
- Jiren tanking Vegeta's ultimate Final Flash.
- Vegeta breaking his innermost limits against Jiren.
- God of Destruction Toppo.
- Vegeta going "Final Explosion" to eliminate Toppo, and lives..
- Android 17's Heroic Sacrifice.
- The Mastery of Ultra Instinct by Goku, emanating an otherworldly aura. Clad in a bright silver-white light, Goku easily bats the previously nigh-unbeatable Jiren around like a ragdoll and crushes his power impact with ease. All surviving Gods of Destruction (even Belmod) stand up show awe and respect while Beerus and Whis muse proudly on Goku's achievement, with the camera panning over his angelic form and silver hair.
- Goku curb-stomping Jiren, with Jiren's epic Freak Out! resulting in his attempt to kill all the U7 participants.
- Goku's Ultra Instinct running out, with Jiren nearly eliminating Goku before he's saved by Frieza, and Android 17 surviving his own Heroic Sacrifice.
- The elimination of Jiren in episode 131. Out of options, Goku, Frieza and 17 launch one final combined assault, with the former two fighting the Pride Trooper up close whilst 17 provides ranged assistance - ultimately Goku and Frieza drag him down together, leaving 17 the winner.
- Gohan's Mushroom Samba sequence in Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone.
- Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks, and Vegeta's battle against Broly in Dragon Ball Z: Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan.
- Super Android 13 punching Goku in the, ahem, "Dragon Balls" in Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13!.
- Goku's Dragon's Fist against Hirudegarn in Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon.
- Vegeta's bingo dance in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.
- Super Saiyan God Goku's fight against Beerus in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.