Being a work with dual components a webcomic and a roleplay and its main character having the power of mimicry as his main ability, it's no surprise that White Dark Life has a lot of Shout Outs.
open/close all folders
- Matt's power of mimicry is loosely based on Kirby (specifically his appearances in Smash).
- As an adult, he wears Kaito's coat and scarf.
- Artemis' full name, Artemis Astarte, contains allusions to both Artemis Fowl and Astarte.
- The Maid's alternate title is "Outraged Drider In a maid Outfit", or ODIO for short.
- Eloria's axe is named Hector.
- Collin basically has Tyki Mikk's powers.
- Caroline keeps getting called Coraline.
- Rebecca's hair is based off of Junko Enoshima's Mega Twintails. Her icon on social sites is one of fake!Junko's character portraits.
- Esther has Chiyo-Chan's corncob shaped pigtails.
- Marcus was named after the shopkeeper from the Borderlands series.
- Dark Matt's thorns main attack being an embarrassing fondling is reminiscent of Demon Mobster Kingpin.
- Damien's "Black Breath" attack is an obvious reference to the infamous Bad Breath move from Final Fantasy as it's a party-wide status-inflicting move.
- It also just so happens to be Bulzeeb's title in Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.
- "And That's Why He Shakes" is titled after a line from one of Jeff Dunham's skits.
- In Scardey Fox Training, the first slide is a "Skelington".
- Ophelia Memory 1 is blatantly inspired by the Spaceman Spiff (and other bouts of imagination) strips from Calvin and Hobbes.
- Arachnightmare's author's comments outright admits to being heavily based on a Brawl in the Family comic.
- Luigifan, Matt, and Dark Matt frequently start singing actual songs. However, it's hard to notice with Matt, as he is usually singing an English version of a Vocaloid song.
- Kazu makes an obscure song reference, one to Rush; quoting their song The Twilight Zone, mentioning the key part (for those who don't know the lyrics; Use the key / unlock the door / see what your fate might have in store). note
- Mysta's main gimmick may be an obsession with the moon, but his secondary gimmick is clearly his usage of Spell Cards in general, and using the Spell Card system from Average Joe In Bullet Hell in particular.
- Many of his spell cards are either lifted wholesale from or inspired by Reisen Udongein Inaba and Eirin Yagokoro. (Note that he actually does this as a gesture of respect to them; Mysta claims that Eirin was his tutor.)
- Arthur Calibur wields Soul Calibur from the Soul Series. For those among you wondering how this is possible...
- Several of the names of Luigifan's characters are Shout-Outs:
- The nicknames of Luigifan's Pokémon also tend to be Shout Outs (at least, when they're not bad puns).
- His Kyogre is nicknamed Shamu, after the famous performing whale.
- Luigifan nicknamed his Ho-Oh Orion, as a reference to the Orre region.
- Luigifan's Reshiram and Zekrom are nicknamed Forblaze and Aureola, respectively.
- His Kyurem is nicknamed Frostmournnote .
- His Volcarona is named Solaris, after the sun god from Sonic '06.
- His Greninja is named Rikimaru, after the Tenchu character.
- He has a Gardevoir nicknamed Galaxina, after, well... she's also a character in this comic...
- Luigifan nicknamed his Xerneas and Yveltal Yggdrasil and Soma Cruz, respectively.
- Ryu has a similar penchant for Shout Outs with his Pokémon. Thus far, he has named his own Pokémon (all of which are Hoenn legendaries, given his creation around the time of the Hoenn remakes) Amaterasu, Susanoo, Orochi, and Tsukuyomi for Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Jirachi, respectively.
- pommyman providing exposition as Valkenhyne, just as he does in Rachel's Gag Ending in Continuum Shift.
- "Atta boy, ____!"
- "This can't be happening! WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"
- The more sadistic villains, such as Wrapsodi and Corneria, are frequently noted to enjoy watching a person lose all hope.
- Sonic, Amy, and Silver are frequently mentioned as having a resistance to toxins an ability that hedgehogs actually possess in real life.
- Funny moments are sometimes lampshaded with a character mentioned to be "beside him/herself at all the free comedy (s)he's getting".
- Potentially very painful situations are lampshaded by declaring that they "sound hurty".
- "Thanks a bundle!" is commonly used as a "big thanks" line.
- Luigifan proclaiming "I have a cunning plan!" when he's come up with an, erm, creative solution to the current dilemma. Much like in Exterminatus Now, the other characters (especially Dream) tend to be rather terrified whenever he says it.
- During bleak situations, it's not uncommon for someone to say, "We might actually be screwed."
- Disqueting information is often met with a reply of "Be afraid. Be very afraid."
- Damien, Ne, and Sky have a habit of going "Eeeee" like Chibi-Mikuru.
Dark Matt Bio
It's A PDGM
A rare moment indeed
- Luigifan, upon capturing Chong, Wu, and Lung, asks them "Do you feel lucky, punks?"
- Daisy is mentioned to have kicked Bowser's ass
while completely unarmed. She has, in fact, done precisely that during the Story Mode of Mario Party 3.
- Matt, while mimicking Pit, taunts Tatanga by singing "I've got a bow of lii-ght!", much like Jack Sparrow taunts Davy Jones with his jar of dirt.
- Mario (badly) quotes Sonic's "real super power of teamwork" speech. Sonic immediately lampshades it.
- Cassandra sings a heavily modified version of the gingerbread man nursery rhyme while chasing Tatanga alongside Mario and Luigi.
- While going ballistic on Bling, Luigi shouts that "YOUR GAME'S AS GOOD AS OVER ALREADY!!!!!"
- This roleplay marks the first appearance of Luigifan's aforementioned singing. In order, he sings "Kiss from a Rose", "Rush", "Renegade", "Let's Dance", "Amaranth", and "Without a Fight". And that's just Luigifan singing...
- Damien's idea of preparing to fight Necrongius's zombie horde? Dress the cast up as the survivors from Left 4 Dead.
- After Pommy scares Annie by moaning "Braaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss" right behind her, Luigifan lampshades just how mean-spirited it was:
- Artemis suggests using a shotgun on Necrongius, reasoning that he'll consider it too primitive to bother with dodging.
- This exchange:
Necrongius: Yes... Cassandra has only five more minutes to live... And when those five minutes are up, the Lord of
Chaos Ruin shall consume her soul and reign supreme over everything!!!
Doopliss: ...Your analogy is clumsy, but I suppose it'll work.
- As he's struck down by Arthur, Necrongius declares that "I will haunt you to the day you die..." Luigifan even declares him a Vile wannabe, making a reference to ClementJ642's LP.
- Upon making her entrance, Super Caterina declares that "I, Caterina, will knock you all down!"
- Princess Peach bonks Cackletta in the head with a turnip. When Todd mentions that Cassandra would find this hilarious if she was conscious to witness it, Cackletta's response is "The answer's simple... We kill the diplomat." Todd immediately lampshades it.
- "Whose idea was it to bring the only thing to rival Discord in sheer magical insanity?"
- Dark Matt releasing Restriction 666 to punish Devin (declaring that hes about to go SNK on [her] ass) when he finds that she's already given his gold to the True Evil Pig Wizard.
- While chasing Luther to Skyzapper, Bowser Jr. declares "THE MOTHER OF ALL WARS HAS BEGUN! THE STREETS WILL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE NONBELIEVERS!!!"
- Shortly before Bowser Jr.'s line, Bowser tells Luther that "Your game of survival is as good as over already!", referencing "The Guns Of Brixton" by The Clash.
- Upon cornering Luther, Bowser Jr. briefly sings "The Final Countdown".
- When confronted by Artemis over Bowser Jr.'s attempt to kill Damien (interrupting his attack on Skyzapper to finish Lindsay off), Bowser's response is "I don't know what you're talking about... Move, bitch, get out of the way!" while shoving her into Don Pianta's office (from outside of the building it's in).
- Blackveil, Bowser's Darkrai, declares "Let the haunt be the haunted" while infiltrating Skyzapper. This is a reference to Saliva's take on the Spy Hunter theme, which became Bowser Jr.'s Bootstrapped Leitmotif during this roleplay. (It's also a pun, since the original line is "Let the hunt be the hunted".)
- Fawful, upon capturing Rudy, threatens to kill him by quoting Monty Python.
- Immediately afterwards, Ben shuts Fawful down. His Pre-Asskicking One-Liner of choice? "Torgue. Because they don't make their guns out of freakin' wood."
- Right before she starts singing her version of "In the Dark of the Night", Mysto declares, "Hmph! Fine! You want a song? I'll give you a song!", mimicking Queen Narissa's pre-One-Winged Angel Villainous Breakdown/Badass Boast from Enchanted.
About dang time
Fatty Versus Fairy
- Cosmo reminisces about one of Dark Matt's plans that was interrupted by Yatterman.
- Upon revealing herself to Lindsay (who she has just rendered helpless with her newfound power), Corneria declares "I'm back, you subnormal halfwit!"
- When Lucy lets out a Big "NO!", Luigifan asks her, "You trying to release Iblis or something?"
- Matt and Dark Matt end up in a Dive to the Heart after Cassandra inadvertently uses them to unlock her power of mimicry.
- When it looks like Cassandra is dead and Mario and Luigi are discussing how Peach is likely to react ("She'll flip!"), Luigi mentions how the only way Peach would be more upset is if Mario died. Mario's response to this is "Please-a don't remind me of that mansion incident." Luigi's response to that is "If I do, you'll probably bring up that time Bowser Jr. framed me for murder."
- While Lily is in the Pikachu Cave, knowing full well that she's dying as she speaks with Legault and trying to tell him goodbye, she says "My time in this world is coming to an end." Author!Luigifan brings up that he almost had her say "What need is there for the shepherd when the wolves are all gone?", and the only reason he didn't is because the Heroes' League's enemies aren't permanently defeated. note
- While helping to revive Marcus, Lucy refers to him as her "special one".
- After Matt horrifically fails at giving Legault a blood transfusion, Luigifan states that Legault may have ended up like Lucy Westenra.
- The Happy Sperm Club is explicitly compared to the villains of Taken.
- The last segment of the story takes place in Spagonia, so shout-outs to Sonic Unleashed are downright inevitable. Especially when the heroes find themselves visiting Professor Pickle.
- Luigifan summons the Elite Beat Agents by yelling "HEAAAAAAALLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of his lungs, just like in the game.
- While explaining the events of the roleplay so far to Tori, Luigifan mentions that Cassandra "went 'splodey".
- Synder sees Marion and Marian in Devin's eyes. This is supposed to be a reference to Hare and Guu, where two characters living in Guu's world were visible in her eyes.
And that's why he shakes
With all of the Call Backs
this roleplay has, it's no surprise that it's chock-full of Shout Outs
- pommyman's very first post has Collin promising to teach Entegra what Yoshis taste like and Entegra vowing to floss her teeth with Wrapsodi's spine.
- On the very next turn, Collin mentions the infamous Cupcakes fic.
- Matt lost the power of patience! note
- Lily reveals an ability to manipulate spiderwebs, mentioning that she inherited it from Dracula. While he never displayed such abilities in the Castlevania series, he did in the original novel.
- While talking about Lily's pregnancy, Luigifan declares that she will need "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!!" while doing his best Mad-Eye Moody impression.
- After kidnapping Tulip, Wrapsodi dares the Heroes' League to get her back, stating "Come and get me if you want her back! Or else she will die!" a dual reference to Eggman taunting Sonic over the Crazy Gadget intercom in Sonic Adventure 2 and Ganon's infamous rebuke of Zelda bringing light to his lair. Then, after interrupting Felicia by biting her, Wrapsodi asks "What was that you just said? I don't think I heard it over the sound of my venom killing you-" and is then interrupted herself by a lightning bolt from Margaret.
- Upon being compared to Lindsay, Wrapsodi blows it off by saying "I don't get myself into situations I can't get myself out of." Sounds kinda similar to "I don't pick fights I can't win", doesn't it?
- Wrapsodi hops on the Ghetsis-paraphrasing bandwagon.
- While bearing down on Wrapsodi, Sonic reuses one of his old catchphrases:
Sonic: Let's do it to it!
- While bestowing mimicry of Garland on Entegra, Matt declares that it's knocking down time.
- While trying to comfort Rudy, Tori likens him to a "spoony bard".
- The location of Yoshi's Island as stated by Author!Luigifan is meant to correspond with where Lavalava Island is located on Paper Mario 64's world map. note
- The battle with the Color-Hating Koopas is Cassandra's first real chance to show off her newfound power of mimicry. She mimics Demyx to battle Arachise, and apparently Arachise didn't take down her water clones fast enough...
- Wrapsodi tells Annie to "GET IN MAH BELLAY!!!"
- Carnation notes that she has a very similar fighting style to Death lots of distracting projectiles that, while painful, are nothing compared to the damage she can inflict with her melee moves.
- Moshelle saves Flora from having her head bitten off by You'reDead by taunting the Color-Hating Koopa into coming after her instead. While provoking You'reDead, Moshelle uses a well-known line:
- Lily mentions that rain is painful to her. Luigifan and Artemis jump to the conclusion that it would make her melt like The Wicked Witch of the West.
- This exchange:
That is frellin' it
, I'm off to kill Daisy and get that bloody mystical sphere so I can wipe out those blasted Dawns once and for all- *Bowser notices Luigi directing a death glare
Luigifan: Really, Bowser? Really?
- After a Call-Back to the roleplays' predecessor, Furry Fiasco, goes on for way too long, Boar drops a reference to This Very Wiki:
- Damien complains that Yoshi's Island isn't enough like Lord of the Flies.
- While shrugging off attacks from the Heroes' League in his X-Noizemaker, Lord Crump tells the heroes to "Cry some more!"
- After Boar angrily refutes Artemis's accusation of incestuous desires towards Tori, Mighty declares "But incest is wincest!" Luigifan, utterly shocked, accuses Mighty of visiting 4chan, and Mighty doesn't deny it. Luigifan's reply is "Be afraid. Be very afraid."
- When Entegra complains about prolific breeding, Luigifan mentions that Annie's parents had eight kids and they're not complaining. Annie bitterly reminds him that her parents are dead.
- What's not a Shout-Out is the similarities between Carnation and Lucina, as Luigifan wrote up the Yoshi's Island arc well before that game was announced. Thus, Carnation's role falls into Hilarious in Hindsight. The first Angel Island arc, on the other hand, was produced afterwards, which results in Matt attacking Wrapsodi's Nohtyp as Robin:
Matt: Checkmate! *blasts Nohtyp in the face with an Ignis-boosted fireball*
- After Boar suggests the TV world as a way to get rid of Wrapsodi, this exchange occurs:
Luigifan: Is it sad that I know exactly what you're talking about?
Basically, some murderer was throwing people into televisions and letting their own subconscious flaws kill them off. Also, mysterious fog. The guy who looked like the murderer was framed by some crooked detective. Oh, and it turned out that the whole thing was masterminded by a gas station attendant who was actually the Japanese deity Inzanami (sic) testing humanity.
- The scene where Annie gets shot down and rescued by Luigifan contains a few references to the lyrics of Boston's "Corporate America".
Annie: *trying to rise to her feet after her Flygon's crash-landing* Ugh... gotta get away- *pinned by Manny's Salamence*
*after Luigifan yanks Manny back with his Chain Link, and is holding the Chaos Sword to Manny's throat*
Luigifan: This bastard's had far too many chances to see the light!
- Tulip throws a rock at Manny Green, who has the same reaction as Super Sonic getting beaned by Scourge.
Manny: Who threw that?
- Upon seeing Manny's Hydreigon, Luigifan and Forblaze briefly mistake it for being Ghetsis's specimen (even briefly discussing the endgame of Pokémon Black and White) before Manny himself comes into view.
- After chopping a devourer's head in half, Luigifan makes a big deal out of the fact that he scored a Critical Hit on an undead. This is normally impossible in Dungeons & Dragons.
- Flora turns undead just like in Dungeons & Dragons.
- Luigifan tries to pass on a hint as to what Annie should name her daughter... by singing snippets of songs from Anastasia. Nobody else gets it. Except for Mysto.
Luigifan: Have you heard? There's a rumor in St. Petersburg.
Luigifan: Dancing bears, painted wings! Things I yearn to remember!
Disgaea: Wedding Bells
- Valvatorez admits that he has a strange desire to yell "AXXEEEELL!!" while busy with Fenrich. In his home game, he would scream Axel's name whenever Axel got "killed". Which just happened.
- Marona: "Oh. I seem to have been impaled."
- When Cassandra mimics Flame Hyenard, she ends up devolving into Flame Hyenard's insanity, shouting "BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!" ad nauseum.
Drunk Driving with Tora
Love at First Blindsight
- Matt mimics a Combot and makes similar robotic noises.
Pretty Fly for a... Fly
- After being swatted out of the sky by Andross, Annie crash-lands on the exact same skyscraper where Sonic the Werehog battled the first Dark Titan of "Skyscraper Scamper - Night". This is explicitly mentioned by the narration.
- Upon being stripped of what little sense he has by Nessie's voice, Collin blurts out "My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels".
- Cosmo advises against trying to "recruit from the enemy", saying that it "only works with medieval lords dealing with crazy dragon people."
- In this roleplay, Andross attacks Flora and Sonja with mutant tarantula-hawk wasps and abducts them, intending to have them eaten alive. Andross, being Andross, is implied to have genetically engineered the wasps to attack foxesnote , but the wasps are also much, much bigger than they should be big enough to actually pose a threat to a human-sized fox. How did they get that big, you may ask? Well, Andross got some help from Dr. Eggman, who was all too happy to test out his newly-developed Extractor machine.
- During the fight scene between Pommy and Regulus, a few lines from the latter's first appearance get thrown out.
Pommy: To quote your boss, playtime is over!
*some fighting occurs, in which Regulus gets smacked around*
- Andross battles the Heroes' League much like he fought Fox in Star Fox 64. This includes small details, like his angry groans upon being stunned (by being shot in the eyes, natch), as well as firing a bolt of lightning from his fingertips upon recovering.
Andross: Gaaah! You fool!
- Matt has modified his Armored Core with an infinite-ammo headband.
- Luigifan points out Superman's little-known vulnerability to magic.note However, Cassandra's Superman mimicry is thwarted by his much more well-known (and more severe) vulnerability to kryptonite.
- As Randy panics over the danger Margaret has found herself in (e.g. the aforementioned fox-eating wasps), Charmy blurts out "To get through tight spaces, press the circle button to slide!"
- Luigifan calls Antasma (who Cassandra is currently mimicking) the lovechild of Dracula and Cackletta, to everyone else's horror. This is a reference both to Antasma's bat motif (or, more precisely, that he is a bat) and Vampire Vords tendencies, and his overall design being inspired by past Mario & Luigi antagonists, including Cackletta.
- Matt gets so freaked out by Andross trying to eat the Armored Core that he comes down with a case of the jibblies.
The meaning of a song
For tuna the can tolls
- Tori is in complete control over Matt because of her necromancy powers. One thing she forces Matt to become? Neco Arc Chaos.
- Luigifan name-drops the Fire Emblem recruitment theme:
Luigifan: All right, everyone, it's time to fight! TOGETHER WE RIDE!!!!!!
- Knuckles is apparently still using the same kiai from Sonic Heroes. Complete with memetic Mondegreen.
Julie-Su: You sound like you're swearing.
- Tails and Sonic's reaction to the Ant God going One-Winged Angel is taken from a quote on this very wiki's This Is Gonna Suck page; specifically Paper Mario X. There's also a minor reference to the script of Sonic Heroes.
Tails: Sonic! What are we going to do?!?
Sonic: ...We might actually be screwed.
- Part of Tails's freakout after being zapped awake by Margaret is taken from "The Horror", a webcomic from the now-defunct Moogle Cavern which can currently be found on DeviantArt. Specifically, this strip. Compare to Tails's line:
GKR34: THEY'RE COMING BACK, MOMMY... I've been a good boy, so why do the moogles bite so hard?
Tails: Why does the lightning bite, Mommy?
- After knocking the Ant God unconscious (though he thinks he killed it), Luigifan's Bond One-Liner of choice is a brief quote paraphrased from Django Unchained:
Luigifan: And that is the story of you!
- Mysto takes offense to being compared to Adolf Hitler, because Those Wacky Nazis were downright brutal to the Slavic people; indeed, they had planned to deal with them as soon as they were done with the Jews.
- Boar states he wasn't born from a peach when pointing out the obvious fact that, yes, he did have family members during the second World War. Likely a joke on how Momotarō was born.
- Flora finally comes up with a cute pet name for Phillip... Commando Gadget. Luigifan immediately lampshades it. (And by "lampshades it", we mean "collapses to the floor in helpless laughter while singing the Inspector Gadget theme song".)
- Matt and Tori quote the Blues Brothers at the beginning.
- The locations mentioned in the roleplay are all real places in Ireland. The roleplay is based on a vacation Author Luigifan took in Ireland, so all the locations are areas he visited, and he has the photos to prove it on his DeviantArt account.
- The subplot where Lindsay gets sent to the past and is nearly killed by Mayans is a homage to Apocalypto.
- Stands begin to play a crucial role in the plot of this roleplay, and the plot of the Stone Ocean arc is directly alluded to. It turns out that in this universe, Super Sonic killed Enrico Pucci shortly after he acquired Made in Heaven. Completely by accident.
- When the Heroes' League confronts him, Bling taunts them by saying "Welcome, Heroes' League! Welcome to die!"
Future: A shocking diary
Full moon, empty stomachs
- Matt Mokaray threatens Matthew Prower with "a repeat of the Catherine incident".
In your base, drinkin' your booze
- During the fight with the X-Nauts, Dream performs Link's arm-twist throw from Soul Calibur 2.
- Lord Crump's reaction to Dexter attacking the X-Nauts is a reference to the "Jesus Christ it's a lion! Get in the car!" meme.
- Flora's main objection to the combination of Tails's prosthetic wings and Reuben and Memori's weight-reduction potion for the sake of enabling flight is that "whoever wears the wings is going to fall to a clumsy, painful death when the potion's effects wear off."
- Drathilox and Lillian briefly get into a bout of Teleport Spam, which Luigifan compares to an episode of Dragon Ball Z.
- Kirby's first line in the roleplay.
- The entire Rescue Arc was intended as an homage to Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, and it shows early on. (Later, not so much... until Justin and Snake-Jaw fight each other, that is.)
- Luigifan briefly goes insane while the heroes are lost in the Tropical Jungle and begins quoting pokecapn.
- The scene where Torch is rescued is a blatant reference to Maria's rescue in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Phillip proceeds to hang several lampshades on this.
- Mysta attacks Tora with "Terror Sign - Mind Twister", and it backfires on him. His response should sound familiar to anyone who's read the quotes for the Oh, Crap! trope.
- Garcia makes an offhanded mention of the legacy of Blaze at one point.
- When Yuga makes his appearance, he re-quotes several of his lines from his original game.
- When Mysta makes it look like he's killed Ne, this exchange occurs:
Anastasia: ._.; Oh my God, he killed Ne!
Winter: That bastard!!!!
- Having the Queen Ant from Brave Fencer Musashi show up is one thing, but what happens when it's defeated directly mirrors the end of the boss fight in the aforementioned game. Up to and including Justin taking its core.
- Miriam claims that she's investigating reports of Torch's death because she believes that they're greatly exaggerated.
- Ne blurts out "Rosebud" while faking his death for the lulz.
- Cuhalleigh the kelpie is the same kelpie that is fought as a boss in Drakengard 2.
- There's a Shout-Out to Home Alone slipped into Mysta's Motive Rant. Imagine the following line said in a Joe Pesci-esque voice:note
- Mysta's final (normal) Spell Card, "Majora Sign - Lunar Impact", is an incredibly blatant shout-out to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. His Last Word, "Dusk of the Third Day - Lunarian Fury", is an even more blatant shout-out.
- Luigifan tells Phillip and Flora "Congratulations on getting the best ending!", a dual reference to the Multiple Endings of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.
- This exchange:
*Torch is throwing her hands up into the air, screaming in exhilaration.* Whoo!
What a rush!!! Luigifan:
Yes, you could call it a sonic rush
- *bricked by Garcia* Ow! Garcia: That pun
was absolutely terrible
- Uma, being very mad at Matthew, yells out "You lose! Good day, pervert!" and "I said good day, pervert!", almost like Willy Wonka did at the end of the original 1971 Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory film, though edited to suit Uma's inability to even call Matthew a "sir".
- Leila uses a ventriloquism device to make it appear that Matthew is trying to serenade Uma with a performance of "Two Fine People".
- When Uma completely snaps at Matthew, she paraphrases AM while ranting at him.
If every cell in my body had the word "hate" written on it 100 times, it would measure only a fraction of the hate I feel towards you!
- Yet another Shout-Out to Home Alone occurs when Janine is cussing out Uma over hurting Matthew's feelings:
Blindly fooling thyself
Sneaky Little Rat
Artemis Bio F
May the odds not be in your favor
Inu and Uma Bio
- Diego makes a passing mention of the recoil of a sniper rifle, referencing a famous quote from an American sniper.
- Trapestry's boast that she will achieve "Complete! Economic! Domination!" is a reference to Albert Wesker's "Complete. Global. Saturation!" line.
- The maid uses a comically oversized tiki mask to scare Sky, just like Eustace Baggs.
- Janine's "I died because I was dumb" line is a reference to one of Space Quest's myriad death quotes.
- Luigifan briefly sings "Two Fine People" as Matthew rushes to Uma's rescue.
- "Dad told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
- While trying to tweak the Mokarays' emotions to make them apologize to Matthew, Katelyn goes through a lot of undesired results. As she does so, she says "No... no... no... no... GOOD GOD, NO!"
- "Wait, scratch that thing I just said".
- Luigifan reuses the "I have a cunning plan" line, to Dream's immense discomfort.
- Artemis says that the dream world has also been called Magicant and Wonderland.
- It is mentioned that if Matthew had overheard Justin talking about Cashmere scheming to kill Uma, he would be furious... outraged... sick with anger!
- Mysta taunts Sky with the "Welcome to die" line when the heroes confront him.
- Shortly afterwards, after he takes Ivy's soul, he asks her "Would you kindly exterminate Sky?"
- Tori summons Ryukotsuki, final boss of Getsu Fuma Den, and later Spinal from Killer Instinct.
- After Mordred makes several death threats against Ne, Cassandra drags him away, telling him that "We'll have to discuss your... tactics in private."
- While Matthew is protecting Torch, she lampshades that he wanted her dead at the beginning of the roleplay. In response, he tells her "Circumstances have changed", directly quoting her father.
- When Mysta exclaims that he has to kill Torch and Sunlight to make his dream come true, Matthew bluntly tells him, "Your dream sucks."
- Mildred uses Garland's Tsunami attack. It doesn't work, but that's what she planned.
- Ivy mentions a "Carrot guy from that one webcomic" while Sky claims that he isn't cut out be a knight.
- Luigifan and Mysta make explicit references to the plot of Touhou Kanjuden ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom; it turns out that Mysta is using the events of that game to justify his actions. (Sunlight then considers using fairies as a weapon against Mysta, but Luigifan and Phillip shoot him down.)
Freddie Fun Fest
Scaredy Fox Training
Growing Pains in the Neck
Scaredy fox training 2
Important Character Update
- There are numerous references to Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) throughout the roleplay.
- Just before trying to kill Mickey, Torch sadly remarks that "it has to be this way".
- While reassuring Annie and Mickey that he won't kill himself or Torch by using his Guzzlord to save Princess Torch, Matthew declares that "All I need to do now is see the math of it and execute my plan... and then Blake's attempt on Torch's life is toast!"
- Arle Kane is a walking Puyo Puyo shout-out, even going so far as to utter "D-Diacute!" while combining two of her concoctions late in the roleplay.
- Luigifan draws a comparison between the Trophic Blenders and the Cyprus Adoption Agency after hearing about Valerie and Myla's stories of sexual torment.
Ophelia Memories 1