Trailblazer is a gigantic nod to '80s and '90s action movies and heroes. Here are specific examples.
- The automatic reload of Malcolm's guns, right down to their description on the mod's ZDoom forum thread, is most likely a reference to a world where outlaws became heroes.
- When you pick the Bitchmaker up, does it look like a bitch?
- Malcolm's clothes, complete with Eyepatch of Power, has a strong Snake Plissken vibe to them.
- The FMG's associated blueprint is the *clickclick* "HEAVYYYY MACHINE GUN!", complete with the H sprite to represent its pick up, and the iconic sound bite when used.
- One of the numerous quit confirmation messages is the entire Navy Seal Copypasta.
- The design and size of the Skullthrottle seems to draw inspiration from a famous scene in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.