- The Chapel:
- Eleanor's Painting Room:
- A parody of Wanderer above the Sea of Fog by Caspar David Friedrich. The wanderer has a noose, which seems to drop out of nowhere from the sky, around his neck.
- The Library:
- "The Black Hair" and "Hoichi the Earless". These are two titles from Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things, a book that features several "strange stories" collected and translated by Lafadio Hearn. They also feature in Kwaidan, a movie adaption.
- "The Mask" by Robert W. Chambers. The story is part of the short story collection The King in Yellow. Several of the short stories mention The King in Yellow, a play which induces despair and madness in those who read it.
- The personal diary of Charles Joseph Carter. He was a famous American stage magician in real life, also called Carter the Great. He supposedly held many shows in his mansion's basement in San Francisco, the place rife with occult references.
- An unnamed Balzac.
- Unpublished, hand-written notes by Leonardo da Vinci.
- Documents about the Riemann hypothesis; see Mathematics.
- A signed copy of Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis.
- "The History of Cardenio", as a hand-written book - a lost play attributed to William Shakespeare.
- The Basement:
- A triptych depicting scenes from the tale "The Story of Aoyagi", another story from Hearn's book.
- "The Killer Seven", a book illustrated in "an unusual art style".
- The Guest Rooms:
- There is a book in Willow Blue's room about "how to split and hide parts of your soul through murder".
- If you can catch Tequila practicing her singing scant minutes after the start of the loop, she's singing lines from the famous Opera scene of Final Fantasy VI.
Shout Out / The Sexy Brutale