- In the second episode, the covers of two Digimon games can be seen in a video game store.
- While converting between games, one of the games LLENN tries gives her an alien avatar which looks suspiciously like a female Frieza.
- The leader of Team SHINC is named Eva, but her teammates call her Boss.
- The leader of Team ZEMAL dresses up similarly to John Rambo with the red headband, although he uses a M60E3 GPMG.
- When thinking of who to team up with for the second Squad Jam, Karen complains that "LLENN doesn't have many friends."
- In Squad Jam 2, the leaders of the 7 allied teams◊ are pretty clearly designed after the main cast of The Expendables and Universal Soldier.
- The names of Clarence and Shirley are a nod to Airplane! and Leslie Nielsen's famous line.
- When the dome battle begins in Volume 3, one of the tavern patrons watching the fight comments that the opposing teams shooting randomly into the brush staging a fake battle to bait out LLENN and Fuka reminds him of a certain movie about an invisible alien who hunts humans for sport.
- The designs of Team T-S◊ look a lot like Federation Marines from the Metroid Prime series.
- In Volume 3, when the last member of PM4 is throwing beds down the stairs to slow down MMTM, one of the spectators in the pub comments it's like an old video game where a gorilla throws barrels down platforms.
- M activating a plasma grenade and preparing to blow himself up along with Pitohui is reminiscent of Vasquez and Gorman, complete with her hand covering his on the grenade.
- The Mook Horror Show when Team MMTM gets slaughtered and seeing Pitohui make her entrance with a red Photon Sword is practically lifted right out of Rogue One.
- Pitohui's Photon Sword itself is red and double bladed, making it a reference to Darth Maul... at least for a moment.note
- After M & Pitohui commandeer one of MMTM's Humvees to chase after LLENN, she starts kicking M to drive faster and screaming "Hi-Yo, Silver!"
- Later, she's standing on the roof of the Humvee, in the Captain Morgan Pose with her sword pointing ahead, imitating the Warhammer 40,000 meme of "Drive me closer! I want to hit it with my sword!"
- In Volume 5, Team BKA are a team that emulates the look of post-apocalyptic raiders. The narrative outright compares them to "a famous old movie about violent roving gangs in a post-nuclear collapse" and "a famous old kung-fu manga inspired by that film series." Just to make sure there's absolutely no doubt as to which film is being referenced, we get this golden line:They took their madness to the maximum in pursuit of the aesthetic.
- During the final battle of Squad Jam 3, LLENN tells Pitohui "I have the high ground!"
- In Volume 6's first chapter, Miyu references a "crazy American game where you commit grand theft and hijack cars and stuff, I'm running over innocent pedestrians all the time." On another level, this is doubly appropriate as the context of the conversation is Karen wondering whether it's morally right for her to keep playing GGO, being a game where you shoot and kill people, and Miyu immediately shoots that argument down and reminds Karen there's a big difference between reality and games. In real life, GTA is one of the go-to video game poster child scapegoats of Murder Simulators purportedly causing mass shootings and violence among young people.
- In Chapter 3 of Volume 6, LLENN accidentally runs right into Boss and knocks herself to the ground, and the first thought that runs through her mind is "Oh, I'm dead. RIP. Watashi wa mou shindeiru."
Shout Out / Sword Art Online: Alternative Gun Gale Online