This page list shout-outs from Web-based Roleplays.
Works with their own subpages:
- City of Lost Characters
- Dawn of a New Age: Oldport Blues
- Darwin's Soldiers
- Deadly Mistakes
- Dino Attack RPG
- The Gamer's Alliance
- Goodbye Yeet Academy
- Hunger Games Simulation
- My Little Pony: Slice of Life Is Magic
- The Official Unofficial Ouendan EBA Formspring RP
- Tropers: The Series
- We Are All Pokémon Trainers
- We Wake Up As Magical Girls
- What Happened In Edmonton
- Destroy the Godmodder is full of these. It references Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, and Homestuck most often, but other common sources are Star Craft, Fez, Halo, and the SCP Foundation.
- Small ones pop up all over the place, Codex Alera, Madness Combat, Lord of the Ring, Star Wars, sometimes even other forum games.
- The Murderverse:
- STO Forum: Versus thread (rp): Eleya has a habit of this:
- Her first thought when Yek gets gunned down by a Hirogen is to go through his pockets and look for loose change. Turned into a Brick Joke a bit later after they fight off the Hirogen and she's searching the bodies:starswordc: Little bastard didn't even have any loose change.
- Just to be clear, Eleya is, of course, wearing full body armor. She is not a moron.
- Eleya quotes Ganner Rhysode in Star Wars: The New Jedi Order — Traitor verbatim in a Badass Boast to the Borg queen."I am Eleya. This threshold is mine. I claim it as my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
- Her first thought when Yek gets gunned down by a Hirogen is to go through his pockets and look for loose change. Turned into a Brick Joke a bit later after they fight off the Hirogen and she's searching the bodies:
- Rain Quest:
- The name of the thread itself is a reference to Ruby Quest.
- When one player asks Joel to see what time it is, the narrator initially says "It's quarter to nine, time to have a bath!" before stating that he was just kidding.
- When Joel and Nina first enter the Town Hall in Aircraft Land, the narrator initially says that there they see a skeleton trying to teach monsters about Christmas before, again, saying he was joking.
- Survival of the Fittest:
Keiji Tanaka: Man, it's like the beginning of that game, except I don't have a gunblade, I got a broken sabre. Least Lenny can't fireball me, with like, kaPOW and stuff! Man, that would hurt." (The opening sequence of Final Fantasy VIII)
- Character Keiji Tanaka is shoutouterffic. Among other things, he is constantly referencing the Final Fantasy series.
Keiji Tanaka: Shit! SHIT! Injury! Medic! Somebody get me a potion! Who's on healing duty!? Critical hit people! Critical hit! With, like, the extra loud sound and red numbers and stuff!" (A general reference to the common healing item in the series)
Keiji Tanaka: Oh poopy'! (A direct quote from
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged SeriesMystery Science Theater 3000)
- Guy Rapide also mentions in passing having had a friend named Lucien Lachance. Other shout outs include catchphrases from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, an adopted character suddenly talking like Kefka, direct quotes from films and games, visual tricks, namedrops, and sometimes characters that're slightly revised versions of one from some other media (the recent mod applications had a sample profile that was quite literally just a modernized Riku.) If one had the time and patience, an entire wiki could probably be dedicated entirely to documenting shout outs in Survival of the Fittest.