open/close all folders
Ro.Te.O shoutouts which subsequently appear in Resurrected Angels: Rebirth
- "Katsuo was almost named Kaito." The author started out as a Detective Conan fanfic writer, so his potential name was most likely an allusion to Magic Kaito.
- In a Behind the Names post, Ryou's first name is revealed to be from KonoMini and Tetsuya's first name was from a minor character in Fushigi Yuugi.
- Martin. The Odd Name Out in regards to the angels is a reference to Coldplay's Chris Martin. In Superhero Project there was a mention of a character called Chris to complement him, and that character ended up being Martin's stepbrother.
- Tetsuya may or may not have been inspired by Uruki/Limdo of Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden in regards to hairdo.
Ro.Te.O only or Resurrected Angels: Rebirth only
- To Death Note when Katsuo is sitting in an "L-style" pose.
- "Also sprach Zarathustra" is used to bring a sword out of Hammerspace.
- "Mu = nothingness" is referenced in Musei's name, and L's alias Ryuuzaki is Michael's surname as a human.
- "The way Lucifer talks reminds Azazel of Tantei-kun..." Who's Tantei-kun? Shinichi Kudo, noting that the author's got that fic Best of Luck, Tantei-kun. Conan's inventor friend Agasa is referenced with the name Hiroshi (aka Musei).
- In the same chapter as the above shoutout, there's a mention of a water bender. The bender in question is Gabriel.
- Sailor Moon is also mentioned in Memories of Names for Minoru.
- "When you give angels and demons weapons be afraid. Be very afraid." The author wasn't aware of the shoutout until they did research into David Cronenberg and rectifies this before Memories of a Time Gone By. Unfortunately there was a gap of about one year between the quote's posting and its rectification...and despite what you might think, the Angels & Demons Title Drop was (probably) not intended.
- In Azrael's Memories entry, the demon Beelzebub gives a signature "ora ora ora!" alongside rapid-fire punching.
- Fuyuki Shiromura gives two for the price of one:
- The first name is from Sgt. Frog and had previously been used in fics like The Magic League (dead and deleted) and Fallen Star (which may or may not be dead). Fuyuki is also the name of Minoru's brother in Resurrected Angels: Rebirth.
- The last name comes from a fic called West-West-East in a dead and deleted fic compilation called Spontaneity. All these fics were by the same author.
The Future is Crimson
- Harry Potter gets a shoutout when Daichi is called "Muggle". His treatment at the start of the story is also reminiscent of the boy who lived.
- The video call in transmission 2, as mentioned in "Making of The Future is Crimson 2", is actually a reference to Suite Pretty Cure ♪'s Houjou Hibiki.
- The words of Rick Astley's popular song]] appear in story...the words are even hyperlinked! They don't Rickroll you to the famous video, though.
- Noting the author's penchant for Coldplay, maybe it wasn't just birds of paradise plants the school was named after...The School of Paradise is also mentioned in Ro.Te.O and Crimson.