- When performing a melee attack on a lone zombie from behind, Leon will occasionally break out a Frank West Face Crusher. Wrestling fans might recognize this move as the "bulldog."
- In another Dead Rising reference, you can spot a Colombian Roastmasters coffee shop in Lanshiang.
- Completing Chapter 4 of Leon's campaign earns you the Achievement/Trophy "Big Trouble in China".
- The underground catacomb-like system beneath Tall Oaks Cathedral is seemingly a one-to-one remake of the Trinity Church tunnels from National Treasure
- Exploring the empty university in the beginning gives the feeling of Clock Tower and Haunting Ground.
- Piers' sacrifice in Chris's campaign ending is reminiscent of the ending in Armageddon.
- This gets even lampshaded by the Let's Players Cry and Cox who start singing the Armageddon song after witnessing Piers' final sacrifice.
- One of the bosses is a huge reptilian invisible BOW — a snake with stealth camouflage.
- Sherry apparently takes fashion cues from Nathan Drake with her Lanshiang outfit. Scarf Of Asskicking? Check. Dark brown pants? Check. White dress shirt in a half-tuck? Check.
- Many of the Eastern European mercenaries in Edonia wear blue tracksuits with a white stripe, almost certainly inspired by Olek Krupa's character from Behind Enemy Lines.
- Zombies on a plane? A direct shout-out to Flight of the Living Dead which is also a homage to Snakes on a Plane.
- Simons becomes a Tyrannosaur-like theropod in one his boss fights. Particularly, one segment involves Leon and Helena utilizing two Miniguns on a back of a Humvee being chased by the theropod!Simmons is similar to the T-rex chase sequence in Jurassic Park.
Shout Out / Resident Evil 6