- Beth Phoenix and her ring gear are clearly a shout out to Wonder Woman, complete with headband. She even wrestled in skirts in 2011. Mickie James in TNA also once wore ring gear that was an obvious nod to Wonder Woman as well.
- Dramatic Dream Team: The stable of Danshoku Dino, Masa Takanashi, Hikaru Sato and Keisuke Ishii, Belt Hunter × Hunter.
- After Rencor Latino and Astro Rey Jr. were turned into Los Sicarios del Ring Averno and Mephisto by Satánico, they both started using Angel's Wings, the finishing move of "the fallen angel" Christopher Daniels, although magazines covering CMLL called it "devil's wings".
- When she first debuted as Eric Bischoff's on-air assistant, TNA's Brooke Adams was originally referred to just as Miss Tessmacher.
- CM Punk:
- Prior to making his entrance, Punk will stop at the stage and shout "It's clobberin' time!" prior to his matches.
- When The Big Show mocks The Miz for being a chicken, Punk shouts "he's not a chicken, you're a turkey!
- And when entering the Elimination Chamber, he stops for a moment to remind the other competitors "I'm not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with me!"
- Literalized by luchador Damien 666 in his match against Gran Naniwa at the Super J Cup 1995 Tournament, December 13, 1995, as Damien would shout out the name of a wrestler then do one of his moves.
- TNA rookie Jay Bradley uses a powerful lariat as his finisher, and his elbow pad reads "THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!".
- Ring of Honor regular Jimmy Jacobs officially dubbed his Finishing Move the "Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start". The commentators, more often than not, just call it the "Contra Code".
- Color commentator John "Bradshaw" Layfield, throws out approximately 3 Shout Outs per minute. One of his favorites is to refer to wrestler Mike "The Miz" Mizanin as a Sleestak, since his hair looks a lot like the frills on the heads of the aliens from Land of the Lost. Matt Striker became the heir to Layfield's "color commentator with obscure shout-outs" throne, nicknaming Yoshi Tatsu "The Neon Genesis" and Batista "The Altered Beast".
- FCW's Paige and her Raven Hair, Ivory Skin look as well as her mysterious nature was intended as a nod to Lisbeth Salander as she debuted in FCW around the same time The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was released.
- Rey Mysterio Jr. wears costumes clearly inspired by fictional characters, usually at WrestleMania.
- BBW indy wrestler Rosie Ruth wears a baseball uniform and wields a bat (a reference to her being Babe Ruth's great granddaughter) and paints her face to look like one of the Baseball Furies.
- After being destroyed by the newly formed nWo, Sting disappeared for almost a year, and returned looking like Erik Draven. Fast forward over a decade, Sting was so determined to keep TNA from being destroyed by Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff's new faction Immortal, that he started smearing his make-up to the point that he started to look more like the Joker. (He would repeat the latter a year later when he became obsessed with taking the TNA World Heavyweight title from Bobby Roode, with less spectacular results.)
- As CMLL REINA Champion, Princesa Sugehit had red and gold ring gear that included blue and white star patterns around the bottom and antenna adorned bracelets, making her look like an insect Wonder Woman. She also had a blue singlet with the Superman 'S' Shield on the back.
- Numerous t-shirts on Pro Wrestling Tees are shout-outs to popular video games and TV shows.
- Ember Moon is a known Dungeons & Dragons player. Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition's iconic monk character (a black woman who fights barehanded) is named Ember. Do the math.
Shout Out / Pro Wrestling